7. Escaping Hell

Autumn had lost count of how many days she had been locked in the cage. Yixing had come back in and healed her after the tall boy with the dark hair had left, then he too was gone. She felt weak from hunger and blood loss, and she craved the company of another human being, even if the only other human beings in the house were crazy.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

"Kris, wake up," Luhan hisses to the boy across the room. Kris moans and opens his eyes.

"What do you want Lulu?" he asks loudly.

"Shh, don't wake up Zitao!" Luhan whispers, then glances at the youngest. He was still asleep, with a troubled expression on his face.

"What do you mean?" Kris whispers back, now wholly awake.

"I have a plan," Luhan mutters, "And Zitao is a horrible actor."

"A plan for what?" Kris asks stupidly, causing Luhan to sigh.

"To escape," he answers, Kris perks up.

"What do I have to do?"

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Jongin mutters curses as he puts on his uniform. School had started again and Suho was forcing him and Sehun to go back.

"You have to graduate, it's time for you both to go out and get a job," the older boy had said in response to both of their protests.

Jongin looks in the mirror and fixes his now black hair. He wasn't allowed to have an 'unnatural' hair color. He scoffs, his gray blond hair was his natural color.

"Jongin, you almost ready?" Suho calls through the door.

"Yeah, I guess," Jongin sighs, and opens the door. Suho smiles at him.

"I'm sorry you had to dye your hair, I know how much it irritates your scalp," Suho apologizes.

"Why do I have to go back to school then?" Jongin whines while Suho fixes his jacket.

He has to refrain from chuckling, Suho lost some of his manliness whenever he did stuff like this.

"Because I refuse to let you be ignorant. You need to graduate, I don't care how old you are," Suho sighs, "Come on, Sehun's waiting in the car. You remember your alias?"

"Yup. I'm Kai Kane. I'm eighteen years old. My parents are dead, you're my uncle," Jongin recites, following Suho outside.

"What is Sehun's alias?" Suho asks, opening the door. Yixing was driving them.

"He's my younger brother Luke Kane."

"Good."

Suho slams the door and Yixing drives away from the house with the two moping boys in the backseat.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

"Suho, do the guys downstairs need food before we leave?" Kyungsoo asks.

Chen and Baekhyun were getting ready upstairs. They were the only ones left in the house; Yixing was taking Kai and Sehun to school and Xiumin opened his Cafe early. Chanyeol wouldn't be back until late as he was a flight attendant.