24. Trust Is Earned

Luhan wakes up and is responding a bit faster than Kris. Well, responding as in moving slightly, eating, and drinking. But when she asks a question, he just stares at her, a blank look in his eye. Another wave of guilt washes over her.

"Lulu," she starts, then hangs her head, moving back over to Kris, who had passed out again.

"Kris," she whispers, holding the water to his lips. She places her hand on his cheek, using Yixing's power to help him.

"What are you doing here Autumn?" a voice croaks from behind. She turns swiftly, Luhan's rich brown eyes were staring at her.

"I want to know the truth," she answers nervously.

Something she knew about Luhan, when he was upset, he didn't usually shout. He went into a scary calm state, where his voice lowered dramatically and his aura was intimidating. Now that she could see his aura, she could confirm it. He was angry.

"Why don't you go and ask your new 'pals'," Luhan hisses.

Her jaw drops, "How did you..?"

"I'm not an idiot Autumn. In case you forget, I was locked down here for years," Luhan replies calmly, "They wouldn't just let you come down here to help us if you were a prisoner. You joined them Autumn."

"Lulu, I," she starts.

He cuts her off, "Don't bother explaining. You broke just like Jongin did. Tell me what you're doing here. What are you wanting to know 'the truth' about?"

"How did Exo really find you?" she asks, "You told me one version, they told me another. I want you to tell me what really happened."

Luhan scoffs and hangs his head, "Right now, at the mental state you're in, you don't trust anyone or anything."

She swallows hard. Although she didn't like his wording, the message was true. She wouldn't trust him or Kris or anyone on what they told her now.

"What am I supposed to do then?" she asks in a broken whisper.

"You have my power of telekinesis, right?"

She tilts her head and nods.

"With my telekinesis comes telepathy," Luhan explains, his voice softening with each word. His aura was back to a soft shade of blue.

"Come over here and place your fingers on my temples since you've probably never done anything like this before."

She obeys, not hesitating to make contact with his filthy head.

"Close your eyes and concentrate on what you want to know. Just think about what you want to take from my memory."

She obeys. For a few moments, nothing happens. Then, images hit her like a truck, all of them lining up to make a story.

*"We have what you wanted," a younger Kris says to the man with muscles and tattoos.

The addressed man gets up and walks over to the three of us. The old man in between Kris and I is trembling.

'I'm sorry' is the thought I put into his mind, along with an image of my face. And I truly was.

Kris and I didn't do this because we wanted to. It was because if he didn't, his mother and my family would be hurt by the very man who helped concive Kris.

It's almost ironic how someone who is supposed to be a guardian and protecter can become your number one threat and fear.

It must be hell for Kris and his mom. Knowing that his father, her boyfriend, was hurting and killing people on a daily basis. That if she doesn't stay as his whore, he'll hurt Kris and I. And if Kris doesn't help, he'll hurt his mother and my family.