15. Dammit

They soon arrive to their new house. They were only living in this place temporarily, just until they made sure Autumn and the boys from the basement weren't in the area. Hopefully, they found them so they could go back to their real home.

As they enter, screams can be heard throughout the house.

"Who gets her today?" Jongin hears Sehun ask as he makes his way up to his room.

He was exhausted and could feel himself bleeding into the bandages that covered his cuts.

"Chen," Yixing answers.

Jongin opens the door to his room and freezes when he sees Suho sitting on his bed.

"What do you want?"

"That new girl probably isn't going to survive today," Suho states, getting up, "You need to start looking for a new possibility."

"Suho, please don't make me go out tonight," Jongin pleads, "I'm really tired."

Suho's expression darkens and Jongin gulps.

"Want to try that again Jongin?" Suho asks in a warning tone.

"Let me take a shower and I'll go out after that," Jongin answers, lowering his head. He felt his anxiety build. They only thing that would relieve it is placing new slashes on his arms.

Help...

"Good boy," Suho says, patting his head before leaving.

Jongin runs to his bathroom and rips the drawer open, moving the towels inside out of the way. Under them was a clean knife he had stolen from the kitchen. It was relatively small, with a slight curve. Kyungsoo had called it a tourné. It was perfect for Jongin's needs.

He rolls up his sleeves and rips off the bandages. He ignores his slick blood already on his arm and slices the knife across the area slowly. Tears fill his eyes at the pain, but he doesn't stop. In slow movements, he makes maims his skin.

When he feels better, he washes the knife off and puts it back in its hiding place before rinsing off his arms. The water didn't help much as it moved the ragged flesh from some of the open wounds. When the blood is gone, he grabs a bottle of rubbing alcohol and carelessly pours it on his arms. It stings.

He doesn't bother bandaging his arms as he strips off his clothes and climbs into the shower, turning on the cold water. He feels hot tears stream down his face and doesn't bother cleaning himself up. He just cries.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Autumn walks into the fast food place she worked signs in.

"Good afternoon Sofie," the owner greets.

"Afternoon ma'am," Autumn answers.

"How was school?"

"It was okay I guess," Autumn answers slowly.

Her boss grabs her shoulders and whirls her around. Autumn stares into the older woman's eyes. They were full of concern.

"What happened darling?"

"I guess I'm sick of always being around boys," Autumn lies, "We don't have many girls in our class so I got paired up with two boys I don't like for a group project. And then my older brothers are overprotective so I eat lunch with them everyday and then I go home and there's one more boy along with the other two."

"I understand dear," the woman states, "I grew up in a house of all boys as well. But, you can only endure. Besides, you'll be graduating in a few years and then you'll be free."

"If only it were that simple," Autumn sighs.

She breaks eye contact with the older woman, but stops when she sees a pink shimmer in the corner of her eye. Before she can wonder what it is, the bell on the door rings. She snaps to attention. It was two men in hoodies. Their heads were bowed so she couldn't see their faces.

"How can I help you today?" She asks with a small smile.

They pull of their hoods and her heart drops to her stomach. Yixing and the red head, Chanyeol(?), were standing in front of her.

Dammit!

"What can I get for you?" she asks politely.

"Two buckets of chicken please," Yixing tells her, she nods and goes to work on his order.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Yixing taps his foot impatiently. The girl at the counter was working quickly to finish their order, her hair flicking around. There was a strange mark on the back of her neck. It looked like a scar. And it looked familiar.

"Here's your order," she says, struggling to place the large buckets on the counter. Both his and Chanyeol's eyes widen, these buckets were huge.

"Here," Chanyeol says.

Hethen reaches over and takes one of the buckets. She flinches when his fingers make contact with her collarbone. Yixing reaches over and takes the other.

She shudders then smiles at them, "Your total is 30,000 won (26.89 usd)."

Yixing forks over the money and they leave.

"That chick at the register seemed familiar," Chanyeol comments.

"I think she goes to Sehun and Jongin's school," Yixing answers.

"But I've never been to Sehun and Jongin's school before," Chanyeol whines.

Yixing tilts his head. Chanyeol was right, he hadn't seen this girl before. Then why did she seem familiar to him?

"How is Jongin doing by the way?" Chanyeol asks slowly.

"I'm not sure," Yixing sighs, "Hes definitely depressed, but I don't know anything else otherwise. When he gets home, he goes straight to his room and locks the door. He doesn't talk to anyone unless he is forced to, he barely eats, and he doesn't make eye contact. I don't know what goes on behind his door, but I know it's not good."

The car ride continues in silence. Yixing continues to think about why that girl was familiar. While her features looked similar to Autumn's, her coloring was different.

But, couldn't you change your natural coloring?

And that scar on the back of her neck...

"Oh shit!"

Yixing yanks the steering wheel and pulls the car off the road. Chanyeol jerks at the sudden stop.

"Whoa, what was that about Yixing?!" Chanyeol shouts.

"I know why she seems familiar," Yixing pants, then pulls back out on the road.

"We need to get home fast," Yixing comments harshly.

"Why?"

"I know why that girl looks familiar."

"WHY?!"

"She's Autumn."