22. Begin Again

"I wonder how Autumn's doing."

"Probably worse than us. We haven't seen them in a while, they've likely been with her."

"Do you think they told her about..."

Luhan stops talking and stares at the dead boy on the ground through the darkness. He and Kris had gotten used to the stench. New tears come to his eyes and threaten to spill.

"I hope not," Kris answers, his voice strained.

"Do you think they told her the truth? About us?"

Kris lets out a short laugh, "I think they told her a stretched truth."

"What if she believes them?"

"Let's just pray she doesn't."

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Autumn opens her eyes go find herself in a large, comfortable bed. The sheets were an ebony black while the comforter was a rich red. The walls were white, but the decorations in the room stuck to the black and red theme.

She sits up swiftly, then immediately regrets it as a pounding headache kicks in. Memories from the previous say fill her mind.

Oh yeah...

"Hello?" she calls, holding her head. Nobody answers.

She swings her legs out of the bed and stands up. Somebody had changed her into gray sweatpants and a white t-shirt. The cuffs were still on her.

"What is with these guys and changing my clothes," she mutters, "I can do it myself."

"You can't really while you're unconscious," someone comments from behind her, she jumps in surprise. She whirls and sees Yixing leaning on the door, a smirk plastered on his face, "But don't worry, I'm very familiar with the female body."

"Perv," she rolls her eyes.

He frowns, "I used to be a doctor."

"Oh."

He shrugs, "Are you hungry?"

"Yes."

Her stomach growls loudly as if to confirm her answer. He smiles, his dimples showing.

"Come on, we're about to eat."

She nods and follows him. As they walk to the dining room, she begins to feel anxious and fiddles with the cuff on her wrist.

What if Yixing was lying? What if theyre really just going to kill me? What if--

Her thoughts are cut off when they arrive. She counts the heads: there were six boys there. She recognizes Chen, Xiumin, Chanyeol, and Sehun. She recognized the short boy with the light powers as well, but she couldn't remember name. The last one, the one serving the food, she couldn't recognize or remember.

"Mmm, smells good Kyungsoo," Yixing comments, the boy serving the food looks up. Her eyes widen.

So he's the one who doesn't remember Jongin?

"Thank you," the boy responds without emotion, "Where's Suho and Jongin?"

"Suho's upstairs trying to convince Jongin to come down," Yixing replies, choosing a seat and pulling her down next to him.