10. Solution

After paying the fee for the room, Autumn and the boys travel out.

"Where are we going?" Zitao asks after a while.

"Far away," Kris answers. His tone tells them not to protest. They continue walking in silence.

"Kris, do you have a plan?" Autumn asks.

"Yeah, but I can't tell you yet," he answers quietly, then turns and looks at her, "I need you to trust me. We'll stop soon, I promise."

"Okay."

They continue walking and, true to his word, they stop at a small cottage soon after.

"Is this where I think it is Kris?" Luhan gasps, Kris nods slightly. He swallows hard and walks up the porch steps.

"What do you mean Lulu?" she asks.

"This is where Kris's family always spends summer vacation."

Kris knocks on the door.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" a woman shouts from the inside.

The door swings open, revealing a woman. She was quite beautiful, dispite her obvious age. Even from looking from a distance, Autumn could see the obvious similarities between the two.

"Can I help you young man?" the woman asks, out of breath.

"Mom. It's me, Yifan," Kris answers, tears in his voice.

Her face changes to confusion.

"My son, they found his and his friend's blood and clothes in a river..." she whispers.

"Lulu," Kris calls. Luhan slowly walks up the porch steps.

"Mrs. Wu," Luhan starts, she wraps her arms around them both.

"You've come home, my babies," she cries, squeezing both of them tightly. Autumn and Zitao watch.

"Mom, please," Kris says, pulling away. The strong boy had tears in his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"Mrs. Wu, we're in trouble. We've just escaped," Luhan tells her, waving the two waiting up.

The woman, Kris's mom, points a finger at Autumn.

"Y-you're one of the missing girls on the news," she cries.

"Excuse me?" Autumn asks, tilting her head. She wasn't the only one confused.

"You went missing almost four months ago," Mrs. Wu informs, "By the same man who took the others."

Autumn vaugly remembers Cher telling her about the missing girls, but she didnt care enough to pay attention.

"How do you know it was the same man?" she asks.

"He got in without leaving a trace, ate your food, and took you using as much force as needed. A bloody knife was left behind," the woman says, then turns to Kris, "How did she end up with you?"

"We were kidnapped by the same people. If it hadn't been for Zitao, we might even left without her," Kris answers quickly. She opens her mouth to ask another question, but Luhan interrupts.

"Mrs. Wu, we'd love to tell you more," Luhan tells her, "But we can't stay for very long."

She looks mortified.

"What do you mean? I just got you back," she asks, looking at Kris. Tears are in her voice.

"Mom," Kris's voice cracks.