13. Plan

"Kris is home," Luhan shakes Autumn's shoulder. He sighs when she sits up, "Your uniform is all wrinkled now."

She looks down at herself.

" Sorry," she apologizes.

"It's fine," Luhan responds, "Just come to the kitchen. Kris is almost done cooking; we're going to talk over dinner."

"Okay, let me get changed."

He nods and leaves. She throws on a pair of sweatpants and a tank top before making her way out. Kris is setting a pot on the table as she walks in. He looks up at her and gives a small smile.

"Luhan said you had something to tell me," he comments as they sit down. He picks up his utensils, "What's up?"

He looked utterly exhausted and she felt guilty for the stress that she was about to put him through. She plays with the food on her plate, not having an appetite.

"They've found us Kris," she whispers, "Jongin and Sehun. They're enrolled in our school."

The sound of clattering causes her to look up. Kris was staring at her, then at Luhan and Zitao, then back at her with eyes like saucers.

"What?" his normally deep voice comes out as a squeak. She nods.

"They're in my class, Sehun is my seat mate in homeroom," she proceeds to inform, biting her bottom lip.

"How much time is left until you guys get a break?" Kris asks slowly.

"About three weeks," Zitao answers, placing a bite of food in his mouth.

"Why?" Luhan asks.

Kris takes a deep breath.

"If we pull out now, just as they arrived, it would spark suspicion," he explains, "Did they recognize you Autumn?"

"Sehun said I seemed familiar," Autumn whispers, "But I don't think he knew why."

Kris nods, running a hand through his hair, "I feel like the safest move is to keep you in until the break, then move far away. Do any of you disagree?"

"What if they figure out it's us?" Zitao asks quietly, now solemn.

"We run. I want all of you to pack a small backpack with a change of clothes and underclothes, a bottle of water, and whatever cash you have at the moment. Autumn or Luhan, I want you to go to the bank and withdraw all of the money except a month's worth of rent."

"What if we're not together?" Autumn asks.

"Rendezvous point is City Hall. It's out in the open and risky to try any sort of criminal activity because of the security," Kris answers, then looks around the table, "Does anyone disagree with the plan, we can come up with a new one..."

"I don't like it, but I do agree with it being the safest route to take," Luhan speaks up.

"So far your plans have worked," Autumn responds quietly.

"I'll go start packing," Zitao responds, then gets up and walks to his room. Luhan follows the youngest boy.

"Go to sleep Kris," Autumn turns to him, "And call in sick tomorrow. I don't want you to become to overwhelmed--"

"But I already am Autumn," he is shaking like a leaf, "What if my plan doesn't work? What if we get caught?" his voice cracks, "I don't want to be taken back Autumn. They'll treat us worse than before. They probably won't restrain Chen anymore from releasing the entirety of his power on me... They'll hurt Luhan and Zitao, probably kill you. All because of me..."