3. Get Away

The short boy with the weird eyebrows kicks Autumn lightly in the ribs to wake her up. She moans and curls into herself.

"It's time to wake up!" he singsongs.

She whimpers and opens her eyes. He grins at the clear pain she was in. Yixing wasn't allowed to stay with her too long, just long enough that she wouldn't die from her burned organs.

"Get up," he orders.

She doesn't listen fast enough, so he takes her wrists and lifts her to her feet none too gently. He raises her arms up and uses the chains to bind her wrists together. Contrary her estimation, her feet didn't touch the floor at all. She is still half asleep, so he grabs the inside of her thigh with freezing cold hands. She jerks in shock.

"Who are you?" she asks, her voice breaking.

"Allow me to introduce myself," He grins in excitement, "My name is Xiumin. And you are?"

She swallows, "Autumn."

"You're so," he strokes her hair, "Beautiful."

Somehow, that didn't sound like a compliment.

He works his fingers into her matted hair and places his fingers on her scalp. He carefully massages the area. It felt so good, his cold fingers against her burned skin.

Until they became so cold they burned her already tender flesh.

"Stop," she whimpers.

She hated feeling so helpless, but if she was honest, that's all she was. Helpless, being held captive by nine psychopaths. As far as she knew.

"Please," she begs.

He slaps her and she cries out as the burning cold spreads through her body. She thought Chanyeol cooking her was painful. This was worse. Her eyes roll back into her head.

"Xiumin, Kyungsoo made food," a new voice interrupts.

Xiumin's fingers leave her scalp and the sensation stops. He says something about coming back later and leaves her dangling from the roof of the cage. She was numb and was glad of it, now she couldn't feel the pain...

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Jongin helps Kyungsoo set the long rectangular table as everyone begins to show up. Suho and Xiumin come last. Jongdae looks up from his position and smirks.

"Have fun Xiumin?"

All eyes are on the eldest as he frowns.

"She didn't scream. I wanted her to scream, but she didn't. All she did was whimper," he complains.

"Well, Chanyeol did mess her up pretty bad. I don't think she could have screamed even if she wanted too. Her vocal cords are fried," Yixing explains calmly, biting down on a piece of bread.

Sehun groans, "This is why we don't let Chanyeol go first."

"If she hadn't tried to run, I would've lost my temper," Chanyeol defends, "Besides, she wasn't exactly in the best condition when we first got her."

Jongin scoffs, "All of them arrive in bad condition. It's just the way it works Chan. You know that."

Chanyeol is about to make a smart reply, but Suho interrupts, "Let's not fight at the table guys."

"Yes mom," Jongin mumbles under his breath, and sits down.

Chatter starts up around the table as they all feast upon the food Kyungsoo made. Well, almost all. Jongin pushes his around on his plate. His head was throbbed and he closes his eyes while leaning back. He knew he was agitated. But what he didn't know was why.