12. Nightmares

Four Months Later...

"Luhan! Zitao! Wake up, we've got to go to school!" Autumn pounds on their bedroom door.

"We're up, we're up," Luhan groans from inside.

Seconds later, Zitao comes out. He was all over the place. The buttons weren't lined up, his arm was stuck in the sleeve, and his hair was... Ugh.

"Um, Autumn," he asks meekly, "Can you...?"

She laughs and rolls her eyes, "Of course Z."

"Yo, don't help him!" Kris calls, coming out of his own room, "This is becoming a daily thing. He knows how to do it on his own."

Zitao pouts and looks at Autumn with puppy eyes, "Please?"

"Ahh, Kris I can't resist his cuteness!" Autumn cries playfully, "I must do as he says!"

"Yay!" Zitao cheers as Autumn undoes the buttons on his shirt to fix his sleeve.

When she first did this, it had been super embarrassing and awkward to see any of their bare chests. But now, it was normal and it didn't bug her at all. Heck, it didn't even bother her anymore when they walked around the house with just boxers and socks on.

She finishes with his uniform and messes his hair until it looks relatively okay. His hair was untamable most of the time, today was no exception.

"Hurry up Luhan!" she calls as she leads the way to the kitchen.

"What do you guys want for lunch?" she asks as they pour themselves cereal for breakfast. She had already eaten.

"Hamburgers!" Zitao cheers.

"Leftover chicken and rice it is," Autumn announces. Zitao pouts until Kris smacks him lightly in the arm.

Over the past months, the boys had adapted relatively quickly. At first, they had clung to Autumn's side desperately. But since they had been enrolled in school, after they made new friends, they didn't rely so much on her. Which was a bit relieving for her. Kris was the only one still struggling, as he was 'too old' to go to school.

While Kris worked full time as a waiter at a high scale restaurant, Autumn, Zitao, and Luhan worked part time jobs after school to help him out. Autumn was in charge of paying bills and such.

The apartment complex they lived in was designed for a family just starting out. Or people trying to hide from their psychopathic kidnappers.

"Morning Autumn," Luhan greets tired, letting out a yawn. She looks up from preparing lunches and smiles.

"Morning Lulu, want a coffee?" she offers, he nods and sits at the counter.

"Hey, why didn't you offer me a coffee?" Zitao whines as she sets two cups on the counter. One was claimed by Kris, the other by Luhan.

"Because you don't need coffee Taylor," Kris teases. Zitao pouts again.

"Come on goofballs, we're going to be late," Autumn comments.

"I should get going too," Kris sighs, getting up. He fist bumps the boys and gives Autumn a quick hug before exiting the apartment.

Autumn fixes her hair and does everyone's makeup before leaving. They didn't look anything like they used to, which was a good thing.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

"We have new students joining our class today," Autumn's teacher announces.