20. Truth

When Autumn wakes up, the boy from the night before is sitting across from her. She sits up quickly and looks at him fearfully. His aura still had blue in it, but not overwhelmingly so anymore.

"Feeling better?" she asks nervously.

The boy stares at her. They sit in silence.

"Why did you do that?" he asks. She swallows and shrugs.

"I'm not sure," she answers, "I guess I felt sorry for you."

"What did you mean when you said something about my aura being blue."

"I can see auras. I think I got it from--" she stops herself from speaking.

"From?" the boy is waiting for an answer.

"My boss," she lies. He couldn't find out about Kris's mother.

"It's a power?" he sounds surprised.

"According to her it is."

He tilts his head, "You shouldn't be a noble to use any of your powers."

"Maybe this one doesn't count since it's practically useless?" Autumn suggests half heartedly, "What's you're power?"

"Electricity slash lightning," he answers.

"You're Chen?" she asks, then starts to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" he asks angrily.

"Kris... Called you... An... ELECTRIC CHICKEN!"she says in between her laughter.

"It's not that funny," Chen grumbles, "To be honest, I would've liked to let him go and fight him 'fairly'. I would've been more satisfied that way. Suho wouldn't let me."

She calms down a bit and breaths heavily, "Who's Suho?"

"He's our leader, his power's water."

"Oh yeah," Autumn remembers what Luhan told her the first night in the motel.

Luhan.

She feels terrible for forgetting about them. Were they okay? Had Jongin caught them? Or had they managed to escape?

"Excuse me?" Chen asks, she shakes her head.

"Nothing."

"Listen to me very carefully Autumn," Chen warns, "Forget the last four months as best you can. Forget the boys in the basement. You'll be less miserable that way."

He gets up to leave, but she grabs his wrist in earnest.

"Can you tell me if they're okay or not?" she begs.

He is silent for a few seconds.

"They're not," he finally answers, then shakes her wrist off of him and exits the cage.

"We're even," he says before he leaves the room.

She is left alone with her thoughts once again.

🔹🔹🔹🔹

Jongin wakes up with a pounding headache in a strange room. He slowly sits up and tries to think of what happened the previous day.

He had sliced his own throat, but somebody had caught him before he hit the ground. He remembers a burning feeling, the person who caught him must've been Chanyeol or Xiumin, maybe even Chen. He recalls being moved carefully and a cold, comforting feeling spreading through his body. Then, he was ripped back and all he felt was pain before he passed out.