17. Too Late

Autumn is asleep at her desk when Jongin and Sehun arrive at school. Sehun makes his way over to her and takes his seat. Jongin sits in his own. The plan Yixing and Xiumin came up with the night before rings in his head.

*Flashback*

"After school, invite Autumn over," Xiumin says.

"But we already tried to invite her over," Sehun protests, "She said no."

"If she says no, tell her you know who she is. Call her by her name. We'll be there also, point to us and say we've been watching her brothers all day and if she puts up any resistance or acts dumb, tell her we've been watching her 'brothers' all day," Yixing explains.

Xiumin smirks, "And if she doesn't come calmly, we'll hurt them."

*End of Flashback*

The teacher tells them to start getting into their groups, so Jongin gets up and walks to the back. Sofia, or Autumn, is handing Sehun a stack of papers.

"You guys don't have to worry about the project anymore," she says, "I finished it last night."

Both of them are surprised.

"That was... Unexpected," Sehun says slowly, "Thanks."

"No problem," she shrugs and waves her hand. Three of the papers fly off the top of the small stack.

She pales and Jongin frowns. Her skin seemed to be translucent, almost as if a light was shining through it.

"Um, sorry, I'll get those," she says sheepishly, then bends down. On contact, one of the papers burst into flames.

"FIRE!" one student screams.

The alarms begin to go off. Everyone is rushed out of the building. While they were supposed to stay with their class, Autumn rushes over to her 'brothers'. They converse briefly and she seems panicked.

"Sehun, she just made a paper burst into flames," Jongin whispers, "Do you think she has a power?"

"Duh," Sehun drones, then looks around. Jongin follows his eyes until they stop on Xiumin and Yixing. Sehun waves them over.

"What's wrong," Xiumin asks.

"She has powers," Sehun drops, both of their eyes become big.

"What?"

"She has powers," Jongin replies, "And it doesn't seem like she can control them. We need one of the cuffs."

"Here," Xiumin pulls a metal bracelet out of his pocket. It had beautiful different designs etched into the metal.

"Put it on her wrist when you're taking her," Yixing says. Both of the older boys leave as Autumn comes back.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

The end of the day arrives quickly and the boys hurry out in order to catch Autumn before she met up with her 'brothers'. Jongin knew that one was Luhan, he the other one was probably the time control boy. The one that would bring back Kyungsoo.

They see her exiting.

"Sofia, wait!" Sehun shouts, then runs to catch up with her as she turns around.

"What's up?" she asks.

"You should come over to our house today. I saw some stuff on the project we should work on as a group," Sehun states coolly.