Tragedy:20:

*Justin*

"Hey, yo, Justin!" A familiar voice caught my attention as I went to leave the building, and I spun around to find Peter doing a light job to catch up with me as I let the door shut.

"Hey man, what's up?" I caught his hand, meeting him at the halfway point as we embraced that famous 'bro hug' everyone knew.

"Just got out of class. Where are you headed off to?"

"Oh, to my fiancée actually." I said, reaching back to my neck and rubbed it nervously with my palm. "She has a doctors appointment and we drive here together. She's out here somewhere..." I trailed off as I looked around, spotting her sitting at a picnic table reading a book.

Typical.

I sighed happily, licking my lips before I snapped myself back to reality and remembered Peter was beside me.

"Wanna come meet her?" I asked, shoving my hands into the pockets of my ripped jeans.

"Yeah, sure. I'd love to put a face to a name. You get all frazzled when you talk about her...so..." He chuckled, nudging my arm. "Looks like she's waiting for you anyway."

"Yeah..." I smiled to myself, feeling myself blush as I went to lead the way so he wouldn't notice, coming up behind her and covered her eyes. "Guess who?"

"Hmmm..." She smiled, playfully tapping her fingers. "Adam Levine?"

"No." I said flatly, dropping my hands only for her to catch them in hers. "There's someone I want you to meet..."

Bella turned, her and Peter coming face to face while I moved my thumbs against the padding of her skin.

"Bella, this is Peter, and Peter, this is Bella. We have conditioning together and we're trying out for the basketball team."

"I've heard stories about you," She chirped, making an instant groan escape my lips. "It's nice to finally meet you."

"You too." He chuckled, clapping me on the back. "But I've heard my fair share of stories about you too."

"Oh have you now?" Bella asked, tilting her head up at me.

"All good things, baby." I assured her, giving her shoulders a squeeze.

"Well, I know you guys have to run, but I'm having a party at my place this Saturday if you both want to come. You're more than welcome."

"Thanks," I nodded as Bella reached up for my hand, her face falling a bit. "We'll let you know- gotta see how much homework is on the list. Have to keep the grades up for basketball."

"That is definitely true. Yeah, it's cool. I can give you my address today at conditioning- wait are you coming?"

"Nope...not today. I told the coaches. Just have a busy day is all." I squeezed Bella's hand, keeping my eyes on her as I frustratingly held back what I really wanted to say. "I'll see you tomorrow though. We should probably get rolling."

"Mhm." She closed her book, standing up and held my hand at her side. "It was really nice to meet you, Peter. I hope you guys both make the team. That would be really awesome."

"Yeah, well I've seen the coaches eyeing this kid up. He's one hell of a point guard...I'd just have to have his back."

"You do everyday, dude." I chuckled, shaking my head. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow."

Bella and I walked away, her hand pulling my arm up over her shoulders.

"Okay, now I have a lot of questions." Bella said, glancing up at me as we started walking to the car.