Tragedy:48:

*Justin*
11:38 PM

3 days later:

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked Bella, killing the ignition with the twist of my wrist and looked at her beside me in the passenger seat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She answered after letting out a deep breath, opening her car door and hopped out. That only caused me to watch her and get out of the car myself, my hand slipping on her back as I went to unlock the door.

She's been quiet all morning, and I can't say I blame her. We just left our baby at the hospital, and I know that it took everything Bella had in her to stop crying.

I had no idea what to do - or what to say to help. She feels like this is all her fault, and it's not, but I'm starting to wonder if this is one of those times where I can't help her. At least I'm starting to feel like I can't.

"I think I'm going to go lay down." Bella whispered, glancing at me from the corner of her eye briefly before she started walking towards the stairs.

"Okay..." I nodded, watching her tug at the sleeves of her sweater while she made her way up, then down at the baby bag I had grabbed out of the car on our way out.

She disappeared around the corner, leaving me where I stood to run a hand through my hair and let out a deep breath.

This is beyond awful. I want Lina to be home and I want Bella to be happy and stop beating herself up. I'm ready for us to be a family...we've been waiting for so long...

It only took me a few seconds to decide to leave the baby bag where it was and follow Bella up the stairs. She was already in bed with the covers pulled up to her chin, but her back was to me so I couldn't see her face.

I knew she was crying again by the slight jump of her body, and instinctively I crawled in beside her after kicking off my shoes and pulled her into my chest.

"Baby," I breathed out, laying down beside Bella and pulled her back against my chest. "It's okay. She's going to be fine."

"You don't know that."

"Yes, I do." I kissed her forehead, holding her body closer to mine and pressed my hand into her back. "She's in great hands. We get to visit her every day, and she'll be home in two weeks." I could feel her tears against my lips as she snaked her arms around my neck. "She's going to be okay, sweetheart."

"I just want our baby."

"I know, I know." Talking against her forehead, I continued to soothingly run my hands along her back as she cried, pecking her skin every few seconds. "This isn't your fault though, Bella. It's going to work out. She's...You know there's a lot of worse things that could have happened. She might even be home sooner than two weeks. We just have to wait."

"I've been waiting for so long. We both have...and she's not with us. I- I just...I feel so guilty."

"Love," I sighed, reaching back for one of her hands and brought it to my lips. "We're going to get through this. We always do. She might not be with us right now, but we'll still see her everyday. She has protection in that hospital, and there are still people taking care of her. Could you imagine if the situation had been worse and she had to be there for a month or something?"

"I could - but I don't want to."

"Oh, Isabelle." I sighed, repeatedly kissing her forehead. "We're still a family even though she's not here, you know? None of this is your fault. These things just happen some times."

"But it is my fault. It's from me being anxious and not being able to eat a lot. I'm such a bad-"

"No." I stopped her, shaking my head and rested it against hers. "It doesn't make you a bad mother. It makes you normal. Everyone has their issues, you know? We have to find you a doctor Bella. You have to get better."