(42) Do It Like A Dude

Aw I loved the comments of last chapter! I just want to tell you that I think next chapter of the story will be the epilogue, so sad! I love this story , I'm so attached to it and letting it go will be hard )':

Anyways Merry Christams ! This was a christmas present from me to you! I wanted to post this chapter after two days but because I love you too much then I decided to post it today! Anyways, I love you guys and I hope you all have a merry Christmas! 

Read On!!! (Drew on the side!)

-----------------------------------------

Ch.42

Do It Like A Dude

Skylar’s P.O.V

I looked at the grey sky as I fixed my blouse. Cain’s funeral was today and all of us were attending. I was wearing a knee length black skirt with a pale black blouse and a pair of black heels.

After Cain’s death, the police started investigating about the issue. Later on, they knew that there was a whole lot of shooting when they asked the citizens. They said that Cain’s death was accidental because he was walking near the gun shooting and was shot. I never thought police officers and the investigators were that dumb, they didn’t even care about his death because ‘there were other important issues going on.’

Everyone went hectic with Cain’s death and many tears with the news. Cain’s parents, friends, and family were here. Cain’s and my mom were weeping downstairs while Cain’s father along with mine were sitting silently, that’s how I saw them before  going up to my room. As for Luke, he ran away when the guys were too busy with Cain, no one knows where he is, not even his family. Raidon swore that he’ll find him and when he will, he’ll pay for everything he had done.

I still wonder why Cain saved me. First, he comes up in my life shooting glares and hating me and then he dies for me? I knew that there was something behind his actions in the battlefield, was it because of guilt? I’m not sure.

My door opened and someone knocked in. His scent filled my nostrils and I smiled. Raidon was shot in his leg and had a big gash on his forehead. We managed to convince everyone that all of us were playing a game that was dangerous, the fools actually believed us!

My arm that was shot is now wrapped with a white bandage, but of course, I’m hiding it from everyone. Tom who was clutching his stomach in the war was now alright but he’s still feeling a slight pain where he was shot. Raidon who had a gash on his forehead told everyone that he hit his head hard and he fell on the ground, which is why he couldn’t walk well.

“Are you alright?” Raidon wrapped his arms around me and I nodded. In the last few days, I stayed at Raidon’s house because he couldn’t really walk well. We spent a lot of time together and it was actually nice! Apart from Drew coming and ruining our moments but other than that, it was great.

“We have to go to the church soon Skylar.” Raidon reminded me in a soft voice. Raidon and I finally made everything official between us; our relationship was open for everyone to know.