Chapter One- Blade on the side

Chapter one

My name is Blade Anderson; my father is the Beta of the Crescent Pack, meaning that my twin brother and I are the next to be Beta. My brother’s name is Axel, he is cool but more of the jerk. I am normal quiet, love to read, listen to music, run, play sports but I love to fight. I stand at 6 foot even; I am taller and stronger than most females considering I have Beta blood in me. I’m’ fit, but not like ripped like most of the guys. I don’t look that strong to humans since I am not a wall of muscle like the guys of this pack, but I am strong.

 I and my brother might be twins but we aren’t anything alike. He is tall, 6’3 built with sandy blonde hair and green eyes. He has girls falling at his feet for him, he is a player, I feel bad for whoever his mate is, he had given up his virginity on his 14th birthday, I know because I had overheard him with some of his friends.

I have jet black hair that reaches my belly button, and bright blue eyes, they seem to glow they are that bright. I am one of the packs best fighters, I make good grades, and I am well respected. My wolf is mainly a grey color and with some black patches.   My father treats my bother better since he is a boy, but dad still loves me. Mom never talks to me; she doesn't talk much to anyone other than dad, not even Axel.

Right now Axel, Colt and I are running the perimeter of our land. Colt is the soon to be alpha, as soon as he finds his mate. We three are good friends and all but I mainly stick to myself. My wolf is huge, just like Colt's which surprised everyone. So everyone thought I would be his mate but nope and I was glad, he wasn't the nicest at times. 'Blade run south perimeter and keep in mind we have had rouge sightings.' Colt linked me and I nodded and ran off, Axel and Colt heading north and west.

I ran along our border and stopped at a river, I was thirsty. 'You and Me both Child' Star my wolf chuckled. 'Now you talk back to me?' I sent back to her, she hadn't talked to me in over a year, when I was meant to find my mate but hadn't. 'Oh just be grateful child, I am sorry but I was thinking.' Star whined and I sighed and continued drinking until I heard the snap of a twig. I jumped up and started growling.

Out stepped a little brown pup, he was hurt. 'Colt, I found a little pup, he is hurt.' I sent to him and I heard him growl. 'I am on my way.' 'Something is not right, get the pup now.' Star growled and I listened and ran to him, only to be tackled. I growled and got up, there was a dusty brown colored male wolf, I took a sniff and yep. He smelled of rotten flesh, he was a rouge. The rouge smirked and jumped at me trying to get a grip around my neck but I quickly kicked him and bit his leg and shaking my head vigorously. He howled in pain as I felt the leg being ripped from his socket, ouch!

He whimpered and tried to stand but fell; I just had ripped his hind leg off and threw it somewhere. The pup whimpered and hid behind me, I could feel she was shaking and freezing, she needed help. Colt showed up just then and looked at the little pup. "Shift back pup." He said but she looked scared and shook her head. The fact that she didn't obey his command meant she was an alpha's pup. "Take her back to the pack house, we will handle this." Axel growled in human form before shifting and following Colt.

I picked the little pup up in my jaws softly and took off running, I made it back to the pack house and shifted, not caring that I was butt ass naked, the pup was in danger and my mother instinct was kicking in. "Doctor we need you now!" I yelled out and he rushed in and took her. "Hunny, you need to shift back; I can't help unless you do." Doc explained and she whimpered. 'Comfort her.' Star whined and I smiled to the little girl.

"Come on, please we are only trying to help you." I smiled and she shook for a minute then the cracking of her shift was herd. She looked about 6; she had dirty blonde hair and grey eyes. She was small and cute but hurt badly. "Where are you from?" The doc asked and started to clean her wounds. "My daddy's pack, he and mommy and bubby will be looking for me!" The girl squirmed not liking the cleaning.

"Who are your mommy and daddy? I bet they are extremely worried about you, I want to help you get back to them." I smiled and rubbed her head. "My daddy his name is..... I don't remember?" The girl whimpered. "Can you tell me what he looked like?" I asked and she thought for a moment. "He is big!!! Built and tan! He has blonde hair like me and he has a scar on his left eye and then one on the side of his face. His name is Luke! Luke Riverson!" The girl smiled and cheered as she recalled her father. He sounded familiar and then it hit me. Her father was the strongest alpha in the World, the biggest to. And he is the most ruthless and cruel. He was known for killing women and pups. He was awful and that was this little girl's father?

"You look scared. Don't worry! Daddy isn't as bad as everyone makes him seem, he is really nice and fluffy! Plus you saved me so he will be happy!" The girl giggled and I stared at the doctor who looked scared shitless.[Edited 2/22/2014]