Chapter Six

Maggie's POV

DIRECTIONERS?! I wanted to scream. Sure, Lia and Jessica were fans, but I wouldn't call them "Directioners"; they aren't insane stalkers of the boys. I also knew Directioners were dangerous. Any girl seen with One Direction that is known NOT to be family, is usually sent death threats and hate from Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram..... The list goes on and on.

I saw panic written all over Lia's face. "What?" Jessica demanded. "Guys, if this is a joke, it's definitely NOT FUNNY." Lia warned. I looked at Josh. "I hope you're kidding," I said, forming it like a question. "I wish he was," a new voice answered. Some big muscular guy walked in with Louis, Zayn, Eleanor, and a girl I was introduced to as Perrie, Zayn's fiancé. The big guy was apparently the famous Paul. Liam and Dani stumbled in suddenly, Loki safe in their arms. "Gosh, we made it!" Dani said.

Paul spoke again. "The fans are going crazier than usual," he said, rubbing his shoulder and wincing a bit. "Some fan jerked on his arm," Louis said, trying to hold back a laugh. Paul glared at him. "Shut up, Louis." Liam said sternly. "He's right. They're being awful. Poor Paul could've had his arm jerked out of socket." Liam truly was Daddy Direction.

Lia's POV

"Wait," I said, asking what should have been the obvious, "Where are we gonna go?" Harry looked at me with a grim expression. "No where. There's no way I'm letting you girls get mauled." I stared at Harry. "Really, Harry?" I asked incredulously, "Mauled?" Niall shrugged. "Makes sense. Directioners are as vicious as bears. You girls won't survive." I rolled my eyes. "Well then, what do YOU suggest we do?" Jessica asked, being the smart aleck she is.

"Stay here." Liam said simply. "Like it or not, they're right about it." I felt my eyes grow wide. "Umm..... We don't have pyjamas or change of clothes, our make up, hair stuff, or anything! And what about room arrangements?" Paul shrugged. "Look, I gotta go control the fans. You all decide what to do. And make sure to give me a heads up if anyone leaves or is supposed to come up here." Paul left, and my question hung in the air.

Suddenly, Perrie said, "Danielle, El... Huddle." They gathered in the middle of the room and eventually the guys joined them, leaving me, Maggie, and Jess standing there awkwardly. "Okay, okay," Eleanor said and they broke the huddle. "So us girls," Danielle said, "will give you three makeovers tomorrow. You can use our clothes; Jessica, you're about Perrie's size, and Lia and Maggie can probably fit my and El's clothes." I stood dumbfounded. "Uh, okay.." Jessica said. Maggie shrugged and I eventually nodded, consenting to whatever they had planned. "We'll have a spa day then meet up with the guys to have lunch and go shopping!" Eleanor squealed in excitement.

"Yeah, that actually sounds fun," I said. Then I repeated, "What about rooms tonight?" The couch wasn't pullout; that was obvious. Perrie thought for a moment. "Do you trust us?" Niall asked. "Of course," we chorused without hesitation. "Maggie, with Billie. Lia, with Harry. Jessica, with Niall. Louis, you and Josh can bunk together for a couple nights; I'll go in with Dani." Eleanor said. "And I'll go in with them," Perrie said, "and Liam and Zayn can bunk together."

"Um.... Same beds?" I asked timidly. Harry scoffed. "No, silly," Perrie laughed and my face burned. "It was a logical question," Liam reassured me quietly. I shrugged. It was. But why was I embarrassed? Oh yeah, because Harry Styles scoffed at me.

At about one in the morning, watching a crime show marathon with Harry, Liam, Eleanor, and Louis, I felt my eyelids get heavy; it had been a long day. "Well I think I'm gonna head on to bed." I stood. "Yeah, right behind you." El said. Harry stood and said, "Me too. Need to get our rest for the concert tomorrow." Louis groaned. "Ugh, you all are wimps! Liam will stay up with me, won't you, Lili?" Louis whined and turned to Liam, who pretended to snore loudly. We stifled laughs as Louis feigned anger and elbowed Liam's side. Liam laughed quietly and sat up.

"Hey, Harry?" I got his attention when we got to his-- our-- room. He looked up kindly. "Yeah?" I cleared my throat nervously. "Um, sorry if I hurt your feelings or embarrassed you or anything earlier. When I asked about the beds." I trailed off and looked at my feet. "No problem," he insisted. He turned out the light and shut the door as I crawled into bed.

"You slut! You're a good for nothing, just like your mum! God I hate you so much! Why don't you just die?!" Dad yelled as he beat me. "Mama!" I cried out, and he slapped me. "Shut up! She's not here! She can't save you! You stupid...." he rambled off every derogatory name in the book in my face. "I hate you!" He screamed.

The dream ended and I jerked upright, covered in sweat and tears. It took a moment to remember where I was. When I fully composed myself, I curled into a ball and cried more, but quietly. "Lia?" I heard Harry whisper. I sniffed. I heard him get out of bed and walk across the room. "I heard you screaming. Are you okay?" I nodded. He sat on the end of the bed. "Don't you lie to me," he said softly yet sternly. I paused, and shook my head. "Nightmare," I finally whispered. He reached rested a hand on my arm. "Wanna talk about it?" Of course I did. I always did. But I refused to ever talk about it. Only Jessica knew about the abuse, but she didn't know about the nightmares.

"Harry?" I asked after a moment. "Yes?" I sniffed again. "Can I, uh, maybe...?" He squeezed my arm reassuringly. "Of course." That was the first night my only good dream finally came true. That was the first night I fell asleep wrapped protectively in Harry Styles' arms.