Chapter Seventeen

Lia's POV

"Good morning, love." To be blunt, Harry's morning voice was so sexy. I smiled and flipped a piece of French toast. He wrapped his arms around my waist. Harry had been staying with me during their week off, and it had been a blast. We hadn't done anything, understand that; he'd been staying in Russ's old room. Well, actually, Harry often fell asleep when we stayed up watching tv together, so he ended up on the couch. "Morning." My phone was laying nearby on the counter, playing music on shuffle. Harry and I swayed to the music. When the song ended, he got milk from the fridge and syrup from the cabinet while I got plates down.

"Mmm, Lia," Harry said between bites, "this is amazing." I smiled and sat next to him. I bowed my head and silently said grace over the food, then I began to eat. "Thanks, Haz. My dad used to make it for Mom a lot, then Mom and Russ made it for me when they were dating, and they made it just like Dad did. But when everything changed, I never really was fed breakfast; Russ deprived me of food." I trailed off and went back to eating.

"So, how's the high school life treating you?" Harry asked after a few minutes, changing the subject. I shrugged. "Alright, I guess. I mean, it got crazy when we started hanging out. I mean, it was crazy before, but now its crazier. Like, everywhere I go, and everywhere the girls go, there's fans, flashing cameras, people screaming at us from left and right, asking our relationship with you guys, asking for pictures, you name it." Harry sighed. "I'm sorry, love." I shook my head. "No, no, Harry, it's not your fault, or anyone else's for that matter. It's just your job. We won't ever get used to it, but it's fine. I mean, we're making it work and we're coping with it, so it's not as bad as it was the first day back and at school." I pushed my plate away.

"Here," Harry said, "let me do the dishes." He took my plate. "Thanks, Harry." I smiled and put up the syrup and helped clean up. After I cleared the table, he was still doing dishes, so I decided to wash my face, put up my hair in a messy bun and put on makeup. I sat in the floor in front of my full length mirror next to the door while I put on my makeup.

Harry knocked on my bedroom door. "Hey, can I come in?" I simply leaned over and opened it. Harry plopped down beside me. "You don't need all that, you know," he said. I stopped putting on my eyeliner and looked at him. "What are you talking about?" He gestured to my makeup bag. "I'm talking about all that paint you're putting on your face." I rolled my eyes. "Oh Harry..." I shook my head and finished my eyeliner and I made him the room leave so I could change my clothes. I changed into running clothes so I could work out then go for a run.

"Hey Harry," I called when I couldn't find him anywhere in the house. "I'm with Rufus!" Rufus was my miniature schnauzer. Well, if you wanna get technical with it, he was my cousin's dog. My cousin's parents and older brother died in a car crash a little after Dad died, so Mom took him in. We were very close; he was only a year older than me. But when Russ started coming around, he asked to move in with another family member about an hour away. He never liked Russ; for him, there was something off with Russ. I didn't know what triggered this or what made him feel bitter towards Russ.

All I knew was when Mom and Russ got married, Russ tried to get him back by buying two dogs, who then had puppies, which is how I got Rufus. The others were sold. My cousin, who's name is Carter, came and got the parents, but let me keep Rufus "for him", he said. I figured out that it was to keep Rufus safe, but in reality he kept me safe; he got mean and defensive if Russ even came near me. But Carter never came back. Rufus was only a few years old now, and he really liked Harry being around; that was obvious.

I went back to the family room, where Rufus usually stays, since I'm usually always in there with him or watching tv. I leaned against the door and smiled as I watched Harry and Rufus wrestled. "He really likes you," I said as Rufus crawled on Harry's stomach and pawed at his face. Harry laughed and Rufus licked Harry's nose. Harry sat up and Rufus trotted over to me. "Hey, trotter," I said, "wanna go for a ride?" His ears perked instantly and his eyes got big. "Wanna go for a ride?" I repeated. He yelped and started getting a bit antsy; he ran in circles around me, then ran and jumped on Harry then launched himself at me and began to jump up and down. Harry and I laughed and I hooked the leash to Rufus' collar.