Chapter Twenty Three

Maggie's POV

I got a text from Lia at the same time that my house phone rang. I set my cell down on the counter and went to the living room to pick up the house phone. "Hello?" I answered. I heard heavy breathing on the other end. "Hello?" I asked again. "She's gone," a deep, unfamiliar voice growled, "and it's all your fault."

Click. The line went dead.

Lia's POV

"I..... I'm sorry..... I don't know why-" I interrupted him by meeting my lips with his. He froze, stunned, and I was, honestly, too. After a moment, though, we both relaxed and he kissed back. I pressed my body closer to his and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I decided to ignore what I knew this was doing to him; I could feel it. No, I thought, I won't let this go too far. I felt his tongue swipe across my lower lip, begging for entrance. I parted my lips ever so slightly, and he immediately pushed his tongue in, allowing it to freely explore my mouth.

I couldn't breathe, but I didn't want to stop for air. I was guiltily enjoying this heated moment too much. (Can you honestly blame me?) Soon, our mouths moved in equal harmony and motion. He pressed himself closer to me, pushing me again the bathroom counter. I ran a hand through his hair, and he moaned quietly. Stop, I thought, it can't happen. I forced myself to pull away and tried to catch my breath. Liam's cheeks were bright red. He chuckled softly and I looked away, embarrassed. Neither of us knew what to say. "I, uh, should probably tell the girls about Harry." Liam cleared his throat and nodded. "Yeah.... Um, yeah. I'll, uh, try to call the guys and tell them to keep an eye out for him; to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid.

Harry's POV

This was all her fault. I saw them kiss when I walked past the bathroom window. It infuriated me. Did this mean we were over? Did this mean they were together? All I knew was Maggie broke up with him and now he's trying to be with Lia. I sped to the airport.

Maggie's POV

After that phone call, I had a restless night to say the least. I eventually got about two hours of sleep. I slowly trudged to the kitchen to make breakfast. I heard my phone go off in the other room but I heard the coffee maker beep. I sat on the couch with my cup of coffee and turned on the news. "Harry Styles and girlfriend Lia have reportedly split; apparently One Direction's management team conned him into it for good publicity," the reporter was saying, "Liam and girlfriend Maggie have also split. We've heard from a source it was mutual, but another insider states it was Maggie who called it off." I changed the channel.

The next news channel wasn't much better. The reporter on this channel was saying, "Harry Styles is now MIA after a supposed split with girlfriend Lia." My jaw dropped and I ran to my room to grab my cell and called Lia. "Is it true?!" I demanded before she could say anything. "What? H.... How'd you find out?" I stormed back to the living room. "It's on the news!" She gasped. "It is?!" Lia cried. "Yeah, it is! Explain what happened, please!" I heard her sigh through the phone. "Well, Harry and Gemma fought, and he came back drunk senseless and beat me. He passed out and I ran to Liam's and he followed. We fought and I shoved him out of the house. Liam was just trying to help. You dumped him and I didn't think you'd be mad."

I shook my head in confusion. "Wait. What? What happened? What are you talking about?" There was silence on the other end. "Maggie...... Liam and I kissed." I froze. "Oh," I stated. "I'm sorry. I didn't think. I don't want you to be upset. You broke up with him so.." Lia trailed off. "Uh....Yeah, I did. I knew Liam best fit with you, anways, than me." I ignored the small pang of jealousy. "So... Uh.... What were you talking about?" Lia asked softly. "Oh... Um, yeah. So, uh, is Harry really missing?" Lia gasped again. "What?!" I pulled the phone away from my ear slightly; she practically yelled. "You didn't know?" I asked. She scoffed. "Of course not! That whole thing happened a day or so ago!" She proceeded to tell me everything that happened between her and Harry. "I don't know where he went after I made him leave," she finished.

"Okay. Well I'm going to dig into it a little." Lia sighed. "Yeah, I think I will, too. Keep me posted." I laughed a little. "You sound like an agent already," I said, and she chuckled. "Yeah and same to you, 'kay? We can try to piece it together slowly. Gosh, I can't believe that he did that to you." Lia started to say something, but my doorbell rang. "Hey, someone's here. I'll Skype you later to let you know whatever I find and we can talk about the Harry thing more." Te doorbell rang again; the visitor seemed to be getting impatient. "Yeah, sounds good," Lia said, sounding more cheerful. I sighed. "Look, whoever is here is being rude. I gotta go before they wear the doorbell down." I disconnected the call and went to open the front door. I gasped. "Harry!" He looked tired and disheveled, and reeked of alcohol. "Did you bathe in booze?" I asked, wrinkling my nose. He pulled out a gun. "Shut up and get inside. Now," he growled, and I instantly recognised it; the voice from the mysterious phone call.