Chapter Twenty Four- The End

Maggie's POV

"Harry. Put that down." I walked backwards into my house. Harry followed and shut the door, with the gun trained on me the whole time. He shook his head. "No. I lost the only person I've ever truly loved, and I blame you." I looked at him, a puzzled expression on my face. "Why me?" I demanded, "They kissed each other. He kissed her, she kissed back. Lia THOUGHT she loved you. She doesn't know what was real or fake in your relationship, considering it all appears to be a bunch of lies."

"You don't know anything." Harry stated. "I know that Lia fell for you. Hard. You told her you love her. Now we all know it was all management. It was some big game to you!" I was beginning to get angry. "Nothing was real, Harry!" He shook his head fast. "No, no, no! I started to fall for her! It became real. I began to love her, Maggie."

Lia's POV

"Really?" Liam asked as I pulled the lasagna from his oven. "Yeah. My cousin is a policeman, and he connected me to him. I've had this internship since summer. Often, he calls or texts me for help or something. I've had to miss school a few times to travel because it's important to do field work," I said. I had been telling Liam about my future job, an FBI Profiler and agent, and the internship I had held since summer vacation. I smiled at him as I cut the lasagna. "What?" Liam asked and smiled back. I shook my head, still smiling. "I'm just surprised and happy that you find this so interesting." He got cups down for drinks.

"Well, considering you've always been a fan of the band, you kind of already know everything about me. I knew about your past, just not your life now." I set plates on the table, and my cell phone rang, but, assuming it was Harry, I turned off the sound without even looking at the name and ignored it. "Well, it has its downsides, too. I mean, you know how we talked about life goals, and I said I wanted a family?" I asked. Liam nodded. "Well, it's going to be hard to leave kids and a husband I love behind at a moments notice. It will be stressful and gruelling." I sighed. "It will be hard on the family, too, if I have one. I mean, one moment I'll be on leave enjoying a nice, family Christmas. The next moment, I'll get a call for a body in New York and have to leave my family."

My phone buzzed on the table. "I'm sure your family would understand," Liam said, "I mean, they'll obviously love you, because you're their family, too. And it's your job. Maybe you'll get lucky and have a husband who can be home more often." I rolled my eyes and dug my fork into my lasagna. "Yeah talk about reversed roles. I doubt many men would be alright with that." My phone buzzed yet again. I groaned and picked it up, looking at the name. I furrowed my brows. "What?" Liam asked, "Is it Harry?" I shook my head and answered it. "Thompson," I said. "You were with that star.... Styles, right?" I heard shuffling in the background. "Yes. Hang on, please, sir." I covered the mouthpiece. "It's the supervisor," I whispered to Liam. "Who?" Liam asked. "My supervisor. The one who is overseeing my internship and might be my future boss, hopefully." Liam nodded. "Sorry, sir. Yes I used to be. Why?" My supervisor cleared his throat.

"Okay. Well, we just got a nine-one-one call from a lady in your hometown. Said that she was walking her dog when she saw her neighbour standing outside with a man, whom she identified as Harry Styles from One Direction." I dropped my fork and it clattered to the plate. Liam set his down and looked at me questioningly.

"The witness said he pulled a gun on the girl and forced her into the house," he continued. "Who is the girl?" I asked, trying to stay calm, but my voice shook. "Ummmmm... Hang on... Lemme get my notes here..... Witness said she knows the mom better but thinks the girl's name is Mackey or something." I stood slowly, scooting my chair back. "Maggie?" I asked softly. "Yes, I believe that could be what she meant. We haven't spoken to the mother yet. But we need you because you know Harry. It looks like a hostage situation and you know him best. You'll know the right ways to negotiate and talk him down." I gulped. "Not only him, sir," I corrected, "Maggie is one of my best friends. I'm not your intern as a hostage negotiator, but I do know him best and I'll do what I can. I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm calling in his family and the rest of the band, too, sir." I hung up before he could argue. At that moment, I didn't care if I was an intern; I just wanted all my friends together and safe. They weren't just friends. They were second family to me.