Part 39

*** Note From Chipz***

5 Chapters til the end of The Tide...

Presenting:

The Big Day!

“Jamie!” Demi coos as she shakes me gently. “It’s time to wake up.”

I sit up in my bed and rub my eyes. Demi looks at me and smiles.

“It’s Trisha’s big day today,” she says. “You need to go and shower. When you’re done, put on a gown and come to my room.”

I nod tiredly and throw off my sheets. Demi gives me a kiss and leaves the room. I look out the window and smile slightly. I can’t believe it; it’s Trisha’s big day! At long freaking last! I wonder if Trisha’s awake or not. Let me go check. I grab my towel and go to Trisha’s room; the door is closed. I open it and stick my head in. There are four women running around the room. I can’t see Trisha, though. Just as I’m about to open the door wider, one of the ladies pushes my head out.

 “No, no, no! You cannot see the bride until the wedding has started!” she scolds.

The nerve of some women! Oh well, I guess I’ll see Trisha at the church. I shrug and go take a shower. I open the tap and manage to take a nice, hot shower. I grab one of the gowns, put it on, and head for Demi’s room. Woah! It’s chaotic in here! There are four stylists running around like mad chickens. Suddenly, one of the women grabs my arm and sits me down on a chair.

“Right, darling,” she says in a husky, Italian accent. “By the time we’re done with you, people will think that you’re the one getting married!”

I smile nervously and mumble something unintelligible. I look around the room. Demi is sitting under a dryer. She’s texting intensely on her phone. Gran D is getting her nails done. She’s wearing a shower-cap of some sort. Ami’s hair is being blow-dried by one of the stylists. Ms. Clarisse is talking furiously on the phone. Gabby is fighting with one of the stylists. Poor stylist, she’s going to be there for a while.

The stylist returns and for the next three hours my nails are manicured, pedicured and treated in all ways possible; my hair is pulled, twisted, cut, coloured, and styled; my face is pinched, softened, and covered with make-up. The stylist adds the finishing touches to my make-up and smiles.

“Ms. Clarisse,” she says proudly. “I am done.”

The ‘oh so wonderful’ Ms. Clarisse looks at me and claps joyfully.

“Rosette, you are amazing!” she exclaims happily. “She looks stunning!”

Oh, wow. If Ms. Clarisse is over the moon about my appearance then I guess I must look pretty good. I need to find a mirror. Before I can ask, the stylist whisks me off to one of the make-shift changing rooms. My dress is already there. It is a silver, knee-length, fitted dress. It has a ‘V’ that isn’t too revealing and it is backless. My shoes are really pretty too. They’re sparkling, silver stilettos with very thin straps. I’m wearing matching, silver hooped earrings and a small pearl necklace.

“Hurry up, dear,” Ms. Clarisse says. I roll my eyes and put my outfit on in record time. I’m sure there’s a mirror in here somewhere... Damnit! It’s been covered.

“Could I please have a mirror?” I holler. I’m getting tired of this ‘no mirror’ business.

“There’s one in here, love,” Demi replies. “Ms. Clarisse just brought it in.”

I grumble grumpily and open the door. All of the ladies look at me and gasp.

“Wow! Is that my granddaughter, Jamie?” Grandma Dolly grins.

“You look amazing!” Demi exclaims. She dabs at her eyes before a tear escapes. I smile slightly and stand in front of the mirror.

Is that me?

My now-maroon hair has been styled in a chic, up-do. There are two curled strands hanging down my face. My eyes have been decorated with light-gold eye-shadow and very subtle eyeliner. My lips, however, are bright red. With my stunning outfit, my looks make me look...really good.

If I look like this then I can’t imagine what Trisha looks like!

Ami looks amazing too. She’s wearing an outfit that’s similar to mine except her outfit is white. The two bridesmaids look great too. Their names are Holly and Juanita. They are Trisha’s closest friends (besides Ami and me). Their outfits are also white, like Ami’s. The reason why my outfit is a different colour is because I am the Maid of Honour. I wonder if Trisha is still getting ready or not. I wish I could go to her room and give her a big hug; but these stupid stylists won’t let me out of the room.

Demi and Gran D look great. Demi’s wearing a hand-tailored, champagne-coloured dress. It is knee-length and she’s got matching golden stilettos. Gran D’s wearing her white, knee-high cowboy boots, an almost-mini white dress (it’s still decent) and a white jacket. She’s wearing one of her stylish, cowgirl hats. Some brave soul managed to get Gabby into her wedding outfit. She’s wearing a puffy, purple dress and white, buckled shoes. Whoever was responsible for my baby sister deserves a medal. Gabby looks adorable. Ms. Clarisse walks in and claps her hands. Everyone turns around and looks at her.

“Right, ladies, your designated vehicles have arrived!” she announces. “Bridesmaids, you need to make sure that you end up in the Rolls Royce. Mother, Mother’s mother and little daughter, you ladies are going to be travelling in the Bentley. Now may you please make your way to the cars in an orderly fashion?”

I look at Ami and she grins at me. I gulp nervously and return the smile. We shuffle out of the room quietly and head for the stairs. My heart is racing; I’m still stressing about my speech. I know it off by heart; I just hope that it will sound warm, not mechanic.

We manage to get to the Rolls Royce with our make-up and hair still in place. Ms. Clarisse sighs with relief and starts ordering people around.

I breathe in deeply as I get into the car. Well, here we go!