Chapter 28: Avoid

As you entered the library, you already spotted Chen. He saw you also as he waved his hands. You were actually a bit tense if you would tell him that you had broken your promise. What if he gets mad and eventually he would resist to perform at the Acquaintance Night? It couldn't be, it would never be a quartet anymore. You shook your head with those negative thoughts. You have to set your hopes high. Hopefully, Chen would understand.

He patted the seat next to him.

"Hi Min Na! So what books did you brought?" Chen asked.

You took out the books and placed it on top of the table.

Yesterday you asked him if he could help you choose with the novels that you had borrowed for your book report. He then agreed so he told you that you'll meet at the library. However, aside from that, your other purpose was to also ask him about the Acquaintance Night.

"That's all." You said.

He scanned one by one the novels. He kept on nodding his head while looking through all the books.

"They were all good reads right? That is why I have a hard timing choosing which one." You said.

"Yeah. This are all best-selling ones too. But if I where you I would pick out this three novels, 'Neverwhere' and 'American Gods' by Neil Gaiman AND 'Heart Shaped Box' by Joe Hill." Chen suggested as he handed the three books to you.

"Oh! Thank you Chen! Good thing I asked your opinion with this." You said as you tapped his shoulder.

"No problem Min Na-ah!" He replied.

Then you became silent. You were having this opposing thoughts on whether to spill it out for him about the quartet. AND the fact that you broke your promise because you told Sir Lee about him singing. BUT you also made a promise to Sir Lee that you would never tell among them that he was the mastermind behind the quartet idea. Oh no! You were so confused. You were put up in a very crucial situation. But you have to, you have to do this!

"Today is a good opportunity!" You thought to yourself.

"Min Na-ah! Hey!" Chen who was snapping out his fingers in front of your face. He observed that you were out of your senses.

You blinked repeatedly your eyes and shook your head.

Chen giggled. "Your weird." He said.

"Sorry Chen. I was just. Oh! I don't know how to tell you about this." You said as you held your temples.

Chen held both of your arm to face him. "Min Na look at me and just tell me. Whatever is it, I promise, I will listen." He said and gave a comforting smile.

"Fine." You took a deep breath and made up your mind as you continued, "Well, I received a request from the students and they want some Club Presidents to perform for the Acquaintance Night AND is it okay with you if you will have a song number with Baekhyun, D.O and Luhan?" You asked. You saw him gulped as you examined his face, waiting for a violent reaction.

But he smiled and nodded.

Your eyes widened as you gasped. "Omo! So is that a yes?" You clarified.

"Ne Min Na-ah! It is really okay with me!" He said as he gave a reassuring smile as he ruffled your hair.

You were so speechless. You instantly hugged him. "KAMSAHAMNIDA Chen!" You exclaimed.

"Quieeeet!!!" The old lady librarian said as she stared at your direction. Some of the students inside looked at you and hissed. You interrupted their silent reading. You pulled away from Chen. Chen brushed his forehead in embarrassment.