Chapter 55: XOXO

It's already your third day in Chungnam. However, you will not be going to the daycare today. Kai woke up early and decided to jog around the Oeam hanok village. He was inviting his Kyungsoo hyung to join him but he resisted. Kyungsoo told him that he would rather cook breakfast for everyone.

Jogging around the village was like bringing him back to the old way of life. The custom living of the people were simple. Unlike living in a city like Seoul wherein everyone seemed to be in fast phase, always busy.

Kai paused for a while as he catch his breath. He stretched his arms as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He decided to just walk as he goes back to your place.

However, of all the people he would encounter on this very morning, he was surprised to see Kris coming his way who was also jogging.

Kris was coming near him. He didn't know if he would greet him or just ignore him. But when he saw that Kris had his earphones on, he just decided to let him passed by and pretended like he didn't see him.

"Jong In." A deep voice called. Kai knew that it was Kris'.

Kai halted when he heard his name. He turned his back and was shocked Kris approaching him. He has no idea why did he call his name. It was just the start of the day and it would be such a waste to ruin this beautiful morning. He wanted to be calm and would try not to act cold towards his hyung.

Kai bowed and greeted him. "Good morning Kris hyung."

Unexpected, Kris also greeted him.

As far as Kai could remember, the last time they talked with each other was when they confronted at the conference room about EXO. The truth was, they both didn't have a calm and peaceful talk ever since that day when Kris asked him to choose among EXO or Daejoon's gang. They had always been cold with each other since then.

"It's such a peaceful and beautiful place isn't?" Kris said as his eyes were scanning around.

Kai both raised his brow. It was so strange that Kris was talking like this to him. But he couldn't help but agree with him. It was truly such a wonderful place.

"Yeah." He shortly responded.

Then there was silence. Since last night, Kris couldn't sleep. After seeing that all of the boys were already okay with each other, he was just so happy. He thought that he would be more happy, if he would reconcile with his dongsaeng. When he woke up this morning, he decided that he really need to talk with Kai and patch things up.

He decided to take a stroll around the village so he could at least think on how he could approach him when coincidentally he saw Kai.

Now they were standing side by side, Kris knew this might be a perfect timing for them to talk.

"Kai." Kris uttered again his name which made him looked at his hyung.

Kris sighed as he continued, "I am glad to see you happy again."

"T-Thanks hyung. I guess I can say that I had really moved on now." Kai replied. He knew in his self that what he had uttered was true. He knew that he had finally moved on.

Kris smiled. He was happy to know that from his dongsaeng.

After two years, it was the first time that Kai saw his hyung smiled at him. He don't know why but the feeling of guilt from what he had done to his hyung before was bugging him. Now that he had moved on, he was thinking it might be the right time to reconcile with his hyung.

He was trying to find the right words to say. He was quite getting tense. He cleared his throat and that made Kris looked at him again.

"Hyung, I know we were not okay for the past two years. So now, I just wanted to apologize for everything. I am so sorry." Kai spoke.