Another Door Opens

I stood outside of the large building that housed SHIELD's headquarters. Men and women alike walked in and out of the building, dressed sharp and walking as if they were on a mission. The bubbling emotion of excitement took over as I let myself do a quick happy dances before walking through the front doors. The lobby was filled with SHIELD employees, some in suits and some wore lab coats. Dodging past people, I made my way over to the front desk. There sat a blonde woman, think brim glasses sat on the edge of her nose. Just looking at her, I felt she was the stuck up, "nose in the air" kind of person. She looked up at me from under her eyelashes, looking me up and down before speaking.

      "Can I help you," her voice screamed "stuck up" too!

      "I have a meeting with Director Fury," I said with a smile, "It's my first day."

      She stared at me, "Whoopie..." I mental rolled my eyes as I watch her pick up the phone and talk into it. I took the time to look around the lobby, noticing how modern it really was. Definitely nothing like Ilvermorny! The sound of the phone hanging caused me to look back at the lady.

      "An agent will come down and escort you," she mumbled before turning her attention back to the computer screen. I nodded awkwardly before taking a step back as I mumbled a small thanks. I stood to the side a bit, watching as people walking by and wondered what their job was.

       "Ma'am." I turned around to see an older guy with short brown hair. His face held a serious tone to it but something about his eyes made me think he was a lot more friendly than he let on. I also noticed he didn't wear the normal suit and tie, or lab coat, that I had seen. He wore a black short sleeved shirt with black cargo pants to go with it. Even his combat boots were black!

      "Follow me," he said, turning on his heel and making his way towards the elevator. I followed closely behind, stepping into the elevator and standing to the side.

      "Top floor," he said. The elevator doors closed, following by a light ding.

      "Voice Recognized; Clint Barton." My eyes widened as the electronic voice sounded. Soon the motion of the elevator moving started, signaling that we were well on our way to the top floor.

      "So, is black your favorite color," I asked. He looked over at me with an unimpressed look.

      I just gave a shrug, "You should try a bit of red, or something...I'm new here."

      He let out a stiff laugh, "I can tell." The elevator came to a stop, opening the doors to let us out. I continued to follow behind Clint as he made his way down the hall. Stopping in front of the door, he knocked.

      "Stay here," he said, opening the door and closing it behind him. I waited there, leaning against the door as I attempted to decipher what the conversation was. The sound of footsteps coming closer caused me to jump back and act cool, something I had become talented at over the years. Clint opened the door, stepping aside to let me walk through. The office was spacious and hade the same modern look as the lobby did. It was mainly a mix of white, clear, and chrome that decorated it which made the man in all black stand out. He turned around, reveal his face and the eyepatch that covered one eye. Like Barton, the man's face was serious but his eyes held no hint of there being any other side to his personality.

      "Ms. Evans," he said, walking over with his arm extended, "Director Fury." I smiled and grabbed his hand to give him a firm handshake.

      "It's a pleasure to meet you, Director," I said.

      "And it's a pleasure to meet the Thunderbird's Legacy," he commented. I froze at the sound of those words leaving his mouth. My eyes widened in slight panic. No one was suppose to know. I was supposed to be a no-maj who got an associates degree early!