Wizarding World

Loki slouched in his chair, his feet propped on the small table that had been given to him. His hand cupped his chin as he sat in silence, his mind pondering over what to do. Part of him felt foolish. Foolish to be this worried over a woman whom he had only known a short while. Yet, part of him felt alive at the thought of her. Warmth seemed to grow inside him as he thought of her. The way her crystal eyes held a brightness that no star could outshine. How her snow white hair framed her face in wavy locks. The way her smile seemed to bring light to the room around her. The way she made him feel like nothing but a person; not a monster.

        He imagined her image, looking to the glass at the spot she would sit. He imagined her reading from the small, leather bound book of a tale from his childhood. The sound of her calming voice filling the empty void that was the dungeons. They way his eyes would travel over the light lines the decorated her skin, reminding him of his alternate self. Her lines seemed to frame and trace her face, gliding down both sides of her neck and venturing out across her body. His lines crossed his face in a fashion normally associated with that of other frost giants. He couldn't help but let the corner of his lip pull up into a small smirk. Him, a frost giant, compared to Kiya...what a pair they'd make.

        His smile disappeared as he recalled how she appeared when she fell into the mysterious fit. The way she looked when she told him of her decision; and the possible outcome. Loki turned to the corner of the room, his eyes glancing over the pile of books that he had been reading. Within a matter of a day, Loki had combed through every book that was made available to him. He read each line in detail in hopes of finding a way but with no luck.

        "You worry."

        Loki moved his green eyes to meet the image of his mother, "Nothing. I have found nothing. If that is not enough reason to worry than what else?"

        Frigga smiled at him with understanding. While her face held a tone of happiness, her eyes shown worry as well.

        "I have done some research of my own," she spoke, "I believe I may have found a possible answer."

        Frigga pulled out a pouch, reaching inside and pulling out a golden apple. Loki's eyes flickered between her and he apple. He stood up, walking over and taking it from her hands.

        "Do you remember what this is," she asked him.

        "Of course," Loki answered, "a Golden Apple of Idunn. Given to us as our "right of passage". I do believe that they were stolen by Storm Giants and Thor and I were sent to retrieve them. That's when we were given the apples."

        Frigga nodded with a smile, "Yes. You two were so excited to have been given the apples."

        Loki eyed her, "These can not heal her in that way, mother."

        "Yes, I know," she said, "But there was one day she accompanied me in the gardens. She spoke of the wizard world. I remember specifically her telling a story of a dear friend of hers. I don't recall all the details but I do remember her speaking of a phoenix bringing a girl from the brink of death with it's tears."

        "Phoenix tears?"

        Frigga nodded, "Yes. Who would've known? I do recall her saying she was gifted a vile of phoenix tears during her tournament; but she never used them."

        Loki nodded in understanding, "she still has the tears."

        "It's not the first time a Midguardian has died and been brought back to life," said Frigga, "And it won't be the last."