Requests

...Knock...Knock...Knock...

      "Yeah," I yelled out, the word forming into a question.

      "It is Rokiel, milady. Prince Thor sent me to prepare you for dinner," a voice sounded.

      I pushed myself up off the body, taking quick strides to the door. Pulling the door open, I was met with a woman who was a bit taller than me. She had chocolate brown hair tied back in a braid. Her eyes were a dark brown and were big like a doll's eyes. Her skin was sun kissed, bits of freckles flacked across the bridge of her nose. Her eyes widened at me as she looked me over.

      "My apologizes," she said with a bow, "Prince Thor said you weren't of this world; but, to put it plainly, milady, you look to be that of starlight."

      "That's okay," I said, again turning it into a questions of sorts.

      She quickly smiled at me, "Come, we must get you ready for the feast."

      "Feast," I asked as she dragged me to the bathroom.

      "Of course, the return of Prince Thor has prompted an impromptu feast," she answered, "many spectators and friends are expected to appear."

      "I don't have any clothes," I stated.

      "The queen has sent a dress along with me," she stated, "You will be well taken care of."

      Rokiel seemed to have scrubbed every surface of my body, rid my hair of any knot that was in it, and stuffed me into a dress that I couldn't begin to attempt breathing in. By the time Rokiel was done, she stood and looked at me like a mother would as they watched their daughter go to prom. I stood up from my seat and faced the body length mirror. My icy hair was pulled back and up in a rather luxurious looking updo. My hair seemed to have bits of glitter that sparkled as the light hit it. The dress itself is far more extravagant than anything I've worn in my life. A mix of a periwinkle and lilac, flowing gracefully from my shoulder and waist. My crystal eyes were lined with a vibrant but simple I felt rather...regal.

      "You look breathtaking, milady," she stated.

      "Please, just call me Kiya," I urged.

      She nodded with a small smile, "Kiya...I quite like the sound of it! But, I must address you as milady when in front of other noblemen."

      I nodded, not really sure about the etiquette rules here, "Do I have to go? I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb."

      "Hush," she said, pushing me out the door, "We must got quickly! We are already late."

Shit...

~

      Rokiel quickly escorted me down the vast halls of the palace, leading me to a set of double doors, which were guarded by two men. She turned to me, her hands darting throughout my body as she touched up last minute fixes.

      "Good luck, Kiya," she whispered as she gave my hands a squeeze.

      "Wai-" before I even finished, Rokiel scurried back down the hall. I sighed, turning to face the double doors. The guards opened the doors for me as I stepped towards them. Inching forward, my eyes were greeted to that of a dream. My eyes widen as I stepped towards the top of the stairs that overlooked the entire room. A large table lined the middle of the golden room while a vast array of people mingled around it. The sounds of laughter, light music, and glasses clinking filled the air, adding to the ambiance. I picked up the hem of my dress, carefully making my way down the grand staircase.