Harry Potter

Stepping inside the house, we were wrapped in warmth. The light of the fire in the living room flickered against the wall while candles floated above us. The smell of roast filled the air as the clock sounded throughout the house. I walked over to the living room, seeing a man bundle up under a blanket with a book in his hand. His thin glasses sat on the very tip of his nose, his mouth moved the slightest bit as he read to himself.

        "Long time, no see, gramps," I said, walking over and finding my spot on the couch.

        He looked up from his book, a smile taking over his face.

        "Well, what do we have here," he said, pushing himself out of his chair.

        I stood up and met him in a bear hug. The smell of his pipe and cinnamon surrounded him. He gave me a pat on the back before finally pulling away.

        "What is all that ruckus?"

        "Oh, just our granddaughter from America, love," he yelled back.

        Dishes clanked against the countertops, followed by hurried footsteps across the wooden floors. I looked over my shoulder to see grandma Weasley. Her hands were on her hips, a shocked smile on her lips, and her brows seemed to rise into her hairline with surprise. Next thing you know, she let out a yelp as she threw her hands up. Walking over, she pulled me into a hug, squeezing me even more than gramps!

        "Kiya," she murmured in my hair, "You look so different! Well, George and Ron explained why but I didn't belie-Who is that?"

        I turned to see Thor awkwardly standing beside George. If his height didn't make him look out of place, his clothes sure did! I smiled at him as he gently placed his hammer on the table. I swear, in the back of my mind I heard Steve and Tony erupt into a whole new debate on how "the table is worthy".

        "That's Thor, Prince of Asgard," I told her.

        She looked to him, "The same man whom has been pictured in the muggle world? The one with ancient magic?"

        "Yes and no," interrupted Thor, "My brother has devoted his life to mastering the art of magic."

        "Oh my god," whispered grandma, her eyes still wide in shock at seeing him in  her home.

        I put my arm around her, "How about we talk over dinner?"

~

        A man clothed in darkness, his skin pale and eyes dark came to life from the chair he was sitting in. His dark, greasy hair fell across his face as he seemed to stare off into the space before him. Others around him took notice in his sudden change of demeanor.

        "Randel?"

        "What's wrong with him?"

        "Wait for him to speak."

        The man came back to his sense, his dark brown eyes fell over those who surrounded him. A smile crept across his lips as a joyous laugh escaped his lungs. The others looked at each other in confusion. Some looked to Randel with knowing eyes.

        "She is here," he said lightly, "She has returned to this world."

        Excited, but hushed, murmurs flooded between the cloaked members. Had the ritual worked? Was the Dark Lord to return after all? Randel stood from his seat, his arms stretched out as he looked above him, the grey sky visible through the holes in the roof. He looked to the heavens, half tempted to say thank you to whatever force was allowing this to happen. Randel turned his attention back to those before him who stared at him in anticipation.