Visitors

It had been a few days since the feast and I had been adapting well to Asgard very well! Frigga spent her free time educating me on Asgard, its rules and customs. Odin had stayed more distant but had informed me that he was looking into the history of the Tesseract in hopes of giving me some answer. As for Thor, he resumed his princely duties and training almost immediately; but he still seemed to have sadness in his eyes. Other than that, nothing much has happened. I would've explored the palace but as soon as I came across the library, I found no other need to explore the palace!

      And that's currently where I am. The library was literally the library from Beauty and the Beast, just more of a gold color to it. All the way from the two different levels, large glass windows, to every inch of the walls being covered in books! They even had a few books that were empty but would form words as soon as you opened it. Any story you want or think you want, it would appear right before your eyes. If this isn't heaven, then I don't know what is!

      "Kiya."

      I lifted my eyes, drawing them to the door to see Frigga standing there. I closed the book I held, placing on the table before me as I brought myself to my feet.

      "Good morning, Frigga," I said with a smile, walking over to her, "Do I have another lesson today?"

      She smiled, "No, child, it is not a lesson that I have in mind for you."

      I looked up at her, "Then what is it?"

      "My husband has granted you permission to the dungeons," she told me, her eyes locking with mine, "It's time for us to bring Loki back."

      I felt a lump form in my throat as she let the words slip between her lips. Nerves began to build up and course through me, making my hands shake the slightest bit.

      "What do you want me to say to him," I asked.

      "Whatever is on your mind," she answered, her hand resting on my upper back as she pulled me from the library.

      "I don't know what to say to him," I added, "All my attempts have been deflected with a glare."

      "He is stubborn, he tends to be anchored in his ways...much like my husband," she spoke, "For now, just talk to him. Let him hear you even if he does not wish for it."

      The sounds of our soft foots padding against the tiles beneath us. My palms started to get clammy as the nerves grew more and more.

      "You must not worry so," chimed Frigga, her voice calm but firm like the mountains I had seen in the distance.

      "It's easier said than done," I countered, my voice a high whisper.

      Frigga simply gave me a smile, before turning her attention back to the hall in front of her. I followed by her side, wiping my palms against the side of my gown in hopes that the clammy feeling would go away. Soft murmurs of guards and handmaids filled the air on occasion; but other than that, it was just the sound of out footsteps. She led me deeper into the palace, going down halls and stairs that seemed to turn the palace into even more of a labyrinth than what it was!

      "He is down there," said Frigga, stopping at the top of another set of stairs.

      I looked down the stairs, "Are you not coming?"

      She shook her head, "I'm afraid I have my duties to attend to."

      "I'm going to see Loki alone," I asked, pointing down the stairs as I stared at her.