Secrets and Escapes

"So you guys are the Nordic gods, right?" Thor gave a grin as he nodded.

      "Yes," I squealed, "Then the tesseract is some ancient source of power?"

      "Of course," answered Thor, "It has been apart of our culture and history since before that of my great-grandfather."

      I turned to Tony, "TOLD YOU!"

      "Oh shut it, Hocus Pocus," he yelled back. Banner simply held his hands up in defense as he went about his work. Thor smiled at us, amused by our antics.

      "And you, Lady Kiya," began Thor, "You are a sorceress?"

      I nodded, "If that's what you call us, then yes."

     "Loki is quite the sorcerer," commented Thor, "It was always his forte, even when we were just children."

      "And did that help give him the title god of mischief," I asked. A smile spread across Thor's face as he thought to himself.

      "Loki and I were always getting ourselves into fights," he stated, "Mainly I'd start the fight and Loki would be the one to find a way out of it." Thor chuckled to himself, "Though, he was rather fond of pranks. One of the times you'd see joy show in his green eyes. He's very talented at masking his feelings."

     I smiled at the thought of a two brothers getting into heaps of trouble together. It sort of reminded me of all the times my friends and I would sneak out after lights out...and all the times we raised hell in Professor Dolorance's Divination class.

      "What happened," I asked, "If you don't mind me asking"

      Thor looked me in the eyes, "I don't know, Lady Kiya." He paused a moment, looking to his hands as he held his hammer.

      "Greed, jealousy, anger...perhaps a concoction of them all," he stated, "He fell into the abyss and I had not seen nor heard from him until now." What abyss was he talking about? As much as I wanted to know more of the details, I didn't want to bother the man. I mean, we did just meet! I stood there a moment, pondering the words he had told me before I realized something...

      "You said that Loki had green eyes," I commented. Thor simply nodded.

      "I did," he answered, giving me a grand smile before walking over to see what Bruce was working on.

     I leaned against the table as I thought to myself before making my way out of the room. My feet carried me down a few halls and stopped in front of double doors. My fingers danced across the key pad before resting against a scanner. A light beep was sounded before the doors slide open.

      Stepping into the room, the first thing you saw was this huge glass cage that hung in the middle of the room. The design on the floor below showed that the floor would drop open. Loki stood in the middle of the cage, his back turned to me. He still wore the armor he arrived with. His hands were folded neatly behind his back as he posture screamed of a regal presence. I walked closer to the cage and only stopped when I was leaning against the railing. My hand reached out, forming a fist before knocking on the glass. Loki spun around, his eyes widen the slightest bit as they peered down at me.

      "Blue eyes," I whispered, slowly pulling my arm away from the glass. Loki's eyes hardened the slightest bit as he approached me.

      "There are not many who can sneak up on me," he said, his voice calm, low; almost ominous in a way.