Worry

"How are you, Loki?"

      Frigga studied her son as he avoided her gaze, keeping his eyes on the hall outside his cell. Frigga sighed at his distant attitude but shrugged it off.

      "I see you have been reading the books I've sent you," she continued, her hands tracing over the book covers that were scattered across the desk.

      "They help pass the time," commented Loki, his voice was calm but he still kept his gaze away from her.

      Frigga smiled at him, "That is good. I hear that Lady Kiya visits you daily."

      Her comment was met with silence, "I hope that you have been kind to her."

      Loki turned towards Frigga the slightest bit, looking over at her from the corner of his eye, "I have. She is...tolerable."

      Frigga smiled, "Tolerable? I find her to be someone I enjoy spending time with myself. She is quirky in her own way but very inquisitive."

      Loki nodded at this, not bothering to turn away from Frigga.

      "She is spirited, full of fire, and from what I've hard about her life on Midguard, mischievous. She reminds me quite a bit of you, Loki," said Frigga, stepping closer to Loki.

      Loki smirked, stifling a small laugh that threatened to come out, "Mischievous could be an understatement."

     Frigga sighed, walking over to stand in front of her son. As she looked to Loki, the thought of Kiya popped in her head. The two were so much alike but were opposites in some ways. They were both mischievous, smart, quick-thinking, stubborn, and both could be very charismatic. Physically, they were opposite. Loki was tall, slender, raven haired and poised while Kiya was short, athletically built, snow white hair, and had a tendency to be a bit clumsy. Loki had become more serious, realist, and even negative. Kiya was carefree, a daydreamer, and always seemed to be positive.

      "She speaks highly of you, Loki," stated Frigga, her voice lowered to just above a whisper.

      Loki finally looked up to Frigga and looked her straight in the eye. Silence consumed them both as they both studied each other. A moment had passed before Loki finally stood up, his eyes never leaving Frigga's.

      "Then surely she must be blind," mumbled Loki as he paced over to the desk, tiding up the books.

      Frigga smiled, "You care for her."

      Loki scoffed, "You jest, mother."

      "Loki," her voice was stern and caught his attention, "You are foremost my son. I've raised you since you were just a babe...Cared for you as my own, which you are. A mother knows."

      "And how, pray tell, do you know of my feelings for the girl," asked Loki.

      Frigga smiled, "That is a secret, my son."

      Loki stared at her a moment before walking over and placing a kiss on her cheek. Frigga smiled as a golden shimmer began to ripple throughout her appearance. Loki watched as she began to dissipate before his eyes. Loki raised his hand, reaching out and gently waving his arm through the apparition. Frigga smiled on last time before completely disappearing from Loki's sight.

      "You know me too well, mother," whispered Loki.

~

      "Again."