God of Mischief

"This is all the information they got on this thing?"

      I shrugged my shoulders, "I guess! They day I showed up all hell broke loose."

      "So what exactly made you think it was old magic," asked Tony, leaning against one of the lab tables. Bruce stood beside him as he simply rested his hand besides Tony.

      "I'm glad you asked," I said, setting my bag on the top of the table. Opening it, I stuck my hand in there and felt around for one of my books. I groaned as I dug deeper, my arm going elbow deep into the bag.

      "Gosh, damn it," I said, bending over as the bag came all the way up to my shoulders as I dug. Tony reached over, lifting the small bag to see that there was no "trick" to what was happening. Bruce and Tony shared a bewildered look as I continued to search for the books. After a few moments of digging, I felt the spine of a book along with some twine.

      "Gotcha," I said, grabbing the twine and pulling out a stack of books, held together by the twine. I undid the twine, going through the books for the one about mythology. Yes...the wizarding world has books about mythology too. Only we view it as more of a truth than a simple fairy tale.

      "This," I said as I opened the book, "is a book about the mythology, primarily about Greek and Norse mythology; a bit of Native American stories as well. Students are required to have this book during their first year. It basically teaches about the oldest forms of magic found within the mythology itself and goes into depth about how it had evolved into the magic we have now."

      "So this school," began Banner, "it's basically the same as the schools the students have in this world."

      I nodded, "No-majs, but we also call normal people muggles too. Typically when a student would have completed fifth grade before being given a school letter. That way they have the basic knowledge and skills that the muggles would build upon. It's a seven year institution that also offers multiple ways to advance the knowledge and practice of young witches and wizards."

      "Fury said you graduated as a seventh year."

      I smiled, "Yup, graduation a seventh year of the Thunderbirds! I've been blessed with a few opportunities for advancement. So while technically graduating a seventh year is like graduation high school, I basically have enough college experience to have an Associates Degree."

      "How," asked Banner.

      I sighed, "Let's just say I've done a lot of things and seen a lot of things...Those are stories for another time." At this point, Tony was flipping through the book as well as reading the titles of the other books I had with me.

      "And how can I get into this school," asked Tony, "Any places that has a book that is...alive is one I want to be apart of." I laughed as I looked at my book from Care of Magical Creatures. I stroked the spine of the book causing it to let a relaxed growl out.

      "It doesn't work like that, you have to be able to use magic," I told him.

      "And I assume that only those who come from a line of witches and wizards are able to attend," said Bruce.

      I nodded, "Basically, though there has been rare cases where muggle children have been able to use magic, though they do struggle more than those who have magic running through their family."

      "Is there a reason for that, or," urged Banner.

      "There are some in the wizarding community who believe that muggles are lowlifes and are dangers. They even associate muggle-born wizards and witches as part of the danger. Along with those beliefs, they also think that muggles are the dirt of the earth with no ounce of magic in them. Then there are an even smaller amount of people, like me, who believe that even muggles hold untapped magic which would also explain way some muggle children are able to use magic. Did my final research paper on it!"