Friends?

"Lady Kiya," Heimdall's voice echoed throughout the gate, "What brings you here so early?"

      I walked up to his side, looking out at the stars in the distance. I had been here for almost a week now and things are still a big culture shock to me. Thor had returned to his duties as Prince and delved into training. Things had gotten a bit lonely with Thor being gone for most of the day. I found myself missing home more and more, wanting to see and hear from them all. I shook the thoughts from my mind, focusing on the space before me, admiring the beauty of all the stars that filled the empty void. Each one seemed to sparkle in its own way, bringing its light to the world. It was almost as if someone dusted glitter into the sky.

      "I was told that I could check on people back home with your help," I told him, looking up to meet his golden eyes.

      Heimdall nodded, "You were told correctly, milady. Tell me who seek."

      "Harry Potter, he is in the wizarding world," I stated.

      Heimdall nodded once more before turning his eyes to the stars. I watched as his face focused and his eyes squinted the slightest bit. At that moment, I could've sworn that his golden orbs seemed to emit a dim glow. Heimdall let the corner of his lips curl into a soft smile.

      "He is doing well, as is the rest of his family," he sounded, eyes still fixed on the horizon, "They seem to think of you often. I believe they have a package prepared for your return already."

      I smiled, "And what of their kids? And close friends?"

      "They fair just as well, milady, you need not worry about them," said Heimdall as he turned to me, "Perhaps there is another person I can check on."

      "Jason and Miranda Evans," I said, my voice dropping to a soft tone.

      Without another word, Heimdall turned to the horizon, "They are just fine. Putting their efforts into the recovery of Loki's mess...it's strange."

      "What is," I asked.

      "I feel a connection between you and this couple; yet they do not share a single connection to you," Heimdall replied.

      I sighed, "it's a long story. But they are safe, right?"

      Heimdall smiled at me, "Of course, milady."

      I nodded, a smile forming on my lips as I turned my attention back to the horizon. I walked forward, standing in the open window of the gate and leaned against the opening. Looking down, I saw nothing but star filled skies fade into blackness. But before me was what a sky full of stars and distant planets that seemed to go on for eons. A slight breeze flew past me, sending a shiver right through me.

      "We are the same, you and I," spoke Heimdall, drawing my attention from the space that surrounded us.

      "What do you mean," I asked.

      Heimdall smiled, stepping down from his spot and approached me. His golden armor glistened the slightest bit, sending a golden glow against his dark skin. I admired how his armor complemented every aspect of who he was; and matched him in more ways than one.

      "The tesseract lives in you, has molded and shaped you in accordance of itself," he said, his voice rumbling deep from his chest, "I too, carry a stone of power within me."

      I looked at him, "Why? Why did it to choose to use me?"

      Heimdall let out a soft sigh, "Even I have yet to find the answer. There are some things that even I cannot see into."