Home Sweet Home

The bright light began to fade as I felt firm ground form beneath. My legs felt weak as my knees threatened to give out from under me. Thor must've felt my body shaking seeing that he swooped me into his arms, holding me against his chest.

      "Just rest, Kiya," he said.

      I just nodded to him, letting my eyes close as my head leaned against his shoulder. Thor began to move, soon the blinding sun was shaded over us. The chilled air was warmed the slightest bit at the change for some reason.

      "Thor! Yo-What happened?"

      Tony.

      "She is frail from travel due to the tesseract inside her."

      "So, the stone is for sure in her," questioned Tony.

      "Hey big ma-What's wrong with her?"

      Clint.

      "Hocus Pocus is tired," informed Tony.

      "I'll get her something to eat," Natasha's voice rang out, "Let Steve and Bruce know she's here."

      I opened my eyes to see Thor looking down at me. I let a smile show and watched as Thor returned it. His arms moved and adjusted as he bent over and set me down on the couch. Thor knelt down, his hand resting on my knee as he looked over me.

      "How are you feeling," he asked.

      "Tired," I answered, "No pain."

      "And if there were pain?"

      I smiled at him, "I'd let you know."

      Natasha appeared at the side of the couch. In one hand she held a PB&J and an orange juice in the other. I gladly took it, knowing very well that it was the only thing that would perk me up. Natasha grinned when I took the food from her, walking around and taking a seat by my side.

      "Nice of you to visit but I think we all know that there's more to it," she said.

      The doors to the elevator opened to reveal Bruce and Steve. They walked in, smiles on their faces as they bent down to hug me. I happily hugged them both.

      "You don't look so good," stated Bruce.

      Steve looked at Bruce with a look of disapproval. I couldn't help but laugh at the small exchange of looks between the two. Bruce shrugged his shoulders in an apologetic way as Steve scolded him.

      "I know I don't," I replied before taking a drink from the glass, "that's why I'm here."

      Steve turned to Thor, "I thought that was why she went with you?"

      Thor frowned, "I'm afraid another problem has arisen. One worse. She was insistent that returning to Midguard would surely bring her answers."

      "What problem," asked Clint, "A witchy problem?"

      "Of the sorts," I said, "I have reason to believe that my biological father's soul is trying to take over my body to finish what he started."

      "Isn't he dead," asked Steve.

      I nodded, "There's a possibility that someone, or a group of people, conjured up enough power to perform a ritual to bring him back."