King and Queen

Asgard became even more beautiful and overwhelming the closer we got to it. Every inch of the city seemed to be gilded in gold, even the streets had their own shine. Men and women of a god-like height filled the streets as children who were my size ran through the crowd. Not only did my hair and eyes make me stick out like a sore thumb; but my size made me noticeably tiny compared to that of a child in Asgard.

      "Is everyone just...taller," I asked, looking up at Thor as he was greeted by some of the people.

      "I suppose though," he stated, "I've not really noticed until you step foot here. You are the first Midguardian to ever step foot onto Asgard."

      "Well don't I just feel special...and small," I commented.

      My gaze drifted about the place as we continued to approach the huge, golden palace. Turning my head over my shoulder, I found that Loki was eyeing me as he followed from behind. Seeing the man wear the mask, even though it is necessary, made me feel pity for him. The thought of what was to come for him lingered on my mind, making me pity him even more. All I could do was give a small smile to the man, hoping that in some way it would ease his mind...or at least make him hate me less!

      "Was your brother always this angry," I asked as I turned my attention back to Thor.

      He gave me a sad smile, "No."

      I remained quiet for the rest of the trip as I let my eyes wander. The sun was beginning to go down by the time we arrived at the palace, it's majestic beauty becoming even more prominent when you're right outside the doors. I found myself drawing closer to Thor's side as the guards pushed up the heavy doors, opening to a large, golden throne room. In the middle, towards the back wall, was a golden throne with a man decked out in armor and staff. From what I could see from this distance was that the man was regal, his hair was white with age, and that one of his eyes were covered. To his left, was a woman with long, wavy, golden locks that were pinned back in strategic places. She wore a blue dress that seemed to bring out her golden tresses.

      "My father and mother," whispered Thor.

      "I feel really under dressed," I whispered back to him.

      We followed the long, red carpet to the throne. Stopping just before the steps to the throne, Thor bowed and I followed. I watched for him to stand up, making sure to do so at the time that he did. My eyes watched as a he smiled at the two in front of him.

      "Father. Mother," he said, opening his arms to greet his Mother.

      "Hello, Thor," greeted the queen as she held his face in her hands, "You had me worried."

      He smiled, "I would like you to me-"

      "Not now," interrupted the king, his eyes casted past us.

      The queen lifted her eyes to Thor, her face held worry as she backed away to her previous spot. Thor reached out of me, taking my arm in his as he nodded to me. I let him pull me off to the side, placing me next to his mother. The queen's eyes looked me over, a warm smile gracing her lips as she gave a slight nod. I took a nervous breath as my hands came together in front of me.

      "Loki," commented the queen.

      The green eye god looked to her with a smile, "Hello mother. Have I made you proud?"

      I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his response. Loki must have noticed since my eyes found that his were already locked onto me.