Chapter 46

All the rage and hatred burning inside Lloyd was about to explode.He had been on the run for too long.Been gone so long that the change had become...

Permanent.

He had knocked them all down like bowling pins,none dared to cross his path as he dragged his fallen friend to the side.It was time to end it.End it all.

But how?
The young ninja stared around at the enemy.They all seemed ready yet unwilling.

One false move.One false turn.One false breath and it could be handing them the oppurtunity to finish it themselves.

"Lloyd?"

Every gaze turned to the sagacious old man who was hobbling along the tense wasteland,leaning heavily on his bo.He looked intently into the youthful eyes of his nephew,the sliver of hope in his heart which had been glimmering dimished to nothing.

He had seen many things in his life.Both wonderous and atrocious.Eversince he had assembled the ninja he had wished to never see that look again.But he was seeing his brother's villainous reflection in his only nephew.

This wasn't how it was supposed to be.Nothing could have prophesised this.The boy had been through too much for one person to bare alone yet he had forced this upon himself.

Lloyd was gone.It was like he was there but not there.Seeing but not really seeing.Hearing but not really hearing.His eyes glinted a mysterious purple,clouded with hatred for everything.This wasn't him.He wasn't in control.

But he could feel the intense surge of energy flowing through his limbs.The power was at his fingertips.

This was unlike the time he had become the golden ninja.That was when he was a glowing beacon of greatness and power.

There was no greatness now.Just power.As a cloak of darkness formed around him,the power grew.

He could hear everything.Every cry.Every breath.Every growl.

He could do anything now.All of the energy inside him would burst him if it didn't go anywhere.

With a sliver of control he channelled his hatred towards the wolves as much as he could.He was furious with all of them but his heart wouldn't let him do anything more.

So came the explosion.From afar,on the rooftops,it seemed like a power surge to Zane and Kai.They couldn't comprehend the reason for this but when the light rippled through the army they were also thrown back a little.Cole struggled to pull himself up,as the onslaught of the enemy paused,he knew there had been a victory.Just not which side...

Wu rushed up to the green ninja who was on the floor to help him.But he stood himself.He didn't take the hand offered to him and looked around with dazzled eyes.As if he knew nothing of what had happened.

Wu stepped back.This wasn't the time to congratulate his nephew.He didn't think there was much to be happy about.The mission had turned into a war all too quickly.

He turned away and began to walk off to aid the people with the others.

The rest of them were also baffled at how rapidly the outcome had changed.They knew it was inevitable they succeeded but at what cost they hadn't known.

They still didn't know all of it.

But the citizens came as first priority.As well as there team mates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cole opened his groggy eyes,his head thumping and each part of his body sore and aching badly.He narrowed his eyes to make out his surrounding but a spontaneous splash startled him.He woke up fully with a jump.The suprise of being soaked quickly faded and he shook his arms which were completely wet.He jossled his head,water droplets showering Kai and Zane who were trying their best not to explode with laughter.