Chapter 25 - Accident

Chanyeol POV

I was pacing back and forth my room with my phone in my hand. Why hasn't Baekhyun called me yet? He promised me that he would tell me what happened immediately after meeting with his parents. It was already noon but there was still no news from him.

Did something bad happen to him?

Is it bad news?

These thoughts kept running through my mind. Maybe not. Maybe he is still sleeping. He is a lazy ass right? I comforted myself with this but I was still very anxious.

Fianlly my phone rang. I quickly look at the caller id but it wasn't Baekhyun. It was Kyungsoo.

"Yoboseyo?" I frowned when I heard cries at the background.

"C-chanyeol, c-come to the hos-hospital right n-now." Kyungsoo was stuutering. I could hear him crying.

"Waeyo? Did something happen?" I felt dumb immediately after I asked that question. Of course something happened or else he wouldn't have asked me to go to the hospital.

"It's... It's Baekhyun." My heart sank when I heard his name. "He.... He got into an c-car accident..." Kyungsoo was crying hard.

The phone slipped out of my hand and fell to the ground. I was in shock. It can't be. Tell me this is a prank.

I grabbed my phone that was on the floor and ran as fast as I could to the hospital. "Baekhyun, please be fine." I kept muttering as I ran. He has to be fine.

By the time I reached the hospital, I was out of breathe but I kept running. I needed to know how Baekhyun was.

The moment I reached, I saw his family and my friends there already. Why am I always the last to reach? Urgh.

"How is Baekhyun?" I ran to my friends and asked.

"He is still in operation." Kai answered. Tears just rolled down my cheeks. I bit my lower lips and prayed that Baekhyun would be fine. We didn't even spent much time together. How can god be so cruel?

Kai hugged me and patted my back. I just let my tears fall freely. I could see that Baekhyun's mother was crying badly while his brother comforted her. His father just sat down quietly but I could tell he was very worried.

After waiting for an hour, the doctor finally came out. We rushed to him to asked him about Baekhyun's condition.

"He is now out of danger but we didn't manage to keep the child. He is now in a coma and we are not sure if he would wake up anytime. There is a high possibility that it would take months for him before he wakes up since he lost quite a lot of blood." The doctor explained. I felt weak. This can't be happening. Please just let this be a nightmare. But it wasn't. The doctor bowed and left while my legs turned weak and I dropped to the floor.

I was in a mess from all the crying. Kai and Sehun were busy comforting me but it was no use. Kyungsoo and Xiumin themselves was crying too while Baekhyun's family just rushed in the ward to see Baekhyun.

"Why? Why must it be Baekhyun? Why can it be someone else?" I cried. Life is so unfair. I finally got a chance to be with Baekhyun but now we are separated again.

"Chanyeol-ah, the doctor already said that he isn't sure when he would wake up. He might probably wake up tomorrow." Kai comforted. I know he was trying to be positive.

"And maybe he will never wake up." I said emotionlessly. I lost all my positiveness.

"I am sure he will. Now get up and stop crying like a baby." Sehun said coldly. "You need to be strong and stay by Baekhyun."

He was right. I needed to be strong. But it was easier said than done. When you lose someone you love so much, it's not easy to be strong. I felt like dying.

*******

1 year later

It's been a year. A year since that accident. A year since I last heard his laughter, his sarcasm. I missed seeing his smile and most importantly, him by my side. Baekhyun haven't woke up. I visited him everyday without fail, telling him whatever that happened at school. I felt like dying many times but the tiniest hope of Baekhyun waking up soon kept me going. As days passed, that hope was fading. Maybe he would never wake up. Until today....

I went into the ward as usual and stared at his flawless face. He looked so peaceful sleeping. "Baekhyun-ah, can you just wake up already? I miss you. Please wake up. Don't you know I am suffering every day because of you?" I said and I know he will never hear me.

I held his hand and closed my eyes. I was very tired. I was sick and tired of this kind of life. Maybe I should give up thinking that he would wake up.

At the moment, I felt his hand move. I opened my eyes and saw his eyelids flutter open.

"Baekhyun!" I shouted in joy. He was finally awake! A smile plastered on my face but it didn't last long.

"Nuguseyo?" He asked. My heart sank when he said that the first thing he woke up.

Omg!! This fanfic reached 2k readers! I am so thankful to all of you! Luv you guys 💖 and hope you enjoyed reading this crappy story!