Chapter 26- amnesia?

Chanyeol POV

Everyone was in the ward looking st Baekhyun. They all came right away once they knew that Baekhyun woke up. I told them tjat Baekhyun didn't recognise me and they were starting to get worried.

We went to the doctor to asked him why was that so and he said that Baekhyun got knocked on his head so he might have selective amnesia. It meant that he might forget stuff that had hurt him before thus he refused to remember them. My heart sank when the doctor said that but I had a little hope that he would remember me.

"Baekhyun-ah, do you recognize me?" Baekhyun's mother asked.

Baekhyun laughed. "Of course. What are you talking about eomma?" Baekhyun asked. She heaved a sigh of relief and asked again,"How about the others?"

"Oh! Appa, Hyung, Kyungsoo, Kai, Xiumin, Sehun and as for him..." He pointed at me before continuing," I don't know him." He said.

Tears threatened to fall but I tried my best to hold back. "Who is he?" Baekhyun asked. He remembered everyone but me. Why? I bit my lower lips to prevent myself from crying. After a year staying by him, he forgot all about me. This is so fucking unfair.

"Baek, do you really not remember him?" Kyungsoo asked and Baekhyun nodded.

"Mianhe. The doctor told me that I have amnesia so I can't remember you. But don't worry, I'll get my memory back soon!" Baekhyun said cheerfully. I forced a smile.

After a while, Baekhyun was tired and he slept immediately. "Chanyeol?" I heard Baekhyun's father call me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I need to talk to you." He said and I followed him out of the ward.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

He sighed. "Stay away from Baekhyun." I frowned.

"Aniya. I will stay by him no matter what." I said. I know it was rude but I don't care. Right now, I just wanted to stay by Baekhyun and help him get his memory back.

"Fine. But under one condition." Baekhyun's father said.  I tilted my head slightly as he continued talking.

"He will be going abroad to study now that he has lost the child and forget about everything. I don't want you to be the cause again to stop him from achieving his goal. You understand?" Baekhyun's father said sternly.

"Ne. I promise."

"Good. Then I'll take my leave first. Please remember what you have promised." Baekhyun's father before leaving. I sighed. I could understand why his father said those stuff. All parents want the best for their child right? And I have hindered Baekhyun once, now that we have lost our child and Baekhyun has amnesia, it was the perfect chance for him to start over again.

What I can do now is stay by him and be his friend. Nothing more. I can only wait till his memory comes back so for now, there's nothing I can do.

*****

A few months later

Baekhyun POV

"I can't believe you will be leaving so soon." Kyungsoo whined and I chuckled. Yes, I will be leaving to America tomorrow to further my studies.

"Yeah. I'll miss you. Remember to stay in contact with us alright? Or else I will fly there and stay there with you." Xiumin joked.

"Arrasso arrasso. I will be back in probably two years. Don't sound like I am never coming back." I joked. If you are wondering, yes I got the scholarship since I topped in the school as usual. Haha I am not boasting alright?

"Yah, take care of yourself there alright?" Kyungsoo nagged. Aish, he is really like my mother.

"Ne. Can we stop this? We are here to hang out and not to bid goodbye to one another. You can do that tomorrow in the airport." I chuckled.

We began talking and they filled me up with what happened during the 1 year I was in coma. Well, we never actually had a chance to do that since I was busy studying to get my scholarship.

"....Chanyeol was actually very depressed. He came to visit you everyday without. I am actually quite impressed." Xiumin said laughing.

"Really? Too bad I can't remember him. I really want to know how close we were as friends." I said sadly. Yeah, everyone told me that I was really close friends with Chanyeol.

"Yeah. I hope you can get your memory back soon." Kyungsoo said.

"Oh! You guys haven't told me how you ended with with Kai and Sehun." I said excitedly and my friends chuckled.

"Well, there was this day when I was bored and I annoyed Xiumin by asking him to go out with me and you were sleeping. Then, Sehun asked Xiumin out and the next moment, it was Kai who asked me out." Kyungsoo started explaining from the beginning.

"Oh! I know! You guys left me at the dorm alone and so I went out on a date with Chanyeol! It was our first date!" I said excitedly. Then, Kyungsoo and Xiumin looked at in shock.

My own eyes widened when I realized what I had just said. I had gave myself away.

Haha. Story suspense here. Kay maybe not. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

I can't wait till end of nov!! My parents decided to go Korea for a trip!! Haha anyways thnx for reading 😊