Chapter 3- mean Dean

"Mr M." I nodded in a greet.

"Hello Haylie, nice to have you here. So, since it is almost summer, the music department and media department always hold a concert to celebrate the upcoming holidays. I was wondering whether you were willing to do a singing duet with Dean."

"Really? But sir, I can't sing very well." I said biting my lip, he must've not heard me sing yet.

"But I have heard and it sounds heavenly, if you and Dean sing together, it will be like angels blessing us with love and happiness."

Okay, he must be high 'cause my singing is anything but an angel.

"Um." I said unsurely. "You might regret your decision after you hear me and him sing together."

I'm also pretty nervous about singing with Dean because he seems really reserved and I don't like to be the only person trying to start a conversation.

"Okay fine, but, why did you choose Dean?"

"He's a great singer although he may not like to talk a lot, he is actually very talented."

"Well what about Alfie?" I asked "'cause I thought that he was your best student."

"He's good but not as good as Dean and he only says that because he's my son."

"But he calls you Mr M."

"He doesn't feel comfortable calling me by my whole surname so he abbreviated it. Also, I'm only his stepdad so if you're wondering why my surname isn't Deyes, that is why."

"Okay. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to sing in the concert." I smiled genuinely before leaving the classroom.

It was already 15 minutes into my next lesson, which I didn't know where it was or what it was, so I wandered around the school to see if anyone bunked off.

Not to my surprise, I saw a guy leaning against the lockers with a girl eagerly pushing herself onto him.

I interrupted their little make out session- which I will admit is not my brightest idea- and the guy immediately snapped his head towards me and threw me a dirty look.

"Dean?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

It was obvious that he was good looking and everything but I didn't expect him to be so.. open with his affairs? I think that's the right word.

"What do you want nerd." The girl snapped.

"Uh." what did I want? Oh yeah. "where is classroom G2?"

"Why are you going to class if it's already half finished." Once again the girl snapped.

"Sorry miss stressy pants." I said raising my hands up in surrender.

Dean had said nothing at all but only stared at me.

"I know I'm beautiful but no need to stare." I said and turned around to leave.

But then someone grabbed my arm which made me freeze in my step.

"I'll show you where it is." An unfamiliar voice said.

I turned around to see Dean holding on to my arm but he quickly let go.

"It's my lesson too, I'll show you where it is." He repeated.

I was too stunned with his sudden niceness to say anything.

"So is that a yes?"

"I thought you were going too busy making babies with that girl over there." I said using my head to point at her.