Chapter 5- rank prank

"It was a great party dude." I heard people say to Sawyer once they left.

"Thanks man." Sawyer had said to all of them.

I was staying the night at Sawyer's because I offered to help him clean up. Dean was also staying over.

Katie grabbed Sawyer's shirt and kissed him. She was literally holding on for dear life.

I felt so uncomfortable standing there.

I turned around to pretend to not see if.

"Bye soy sauce." she said before kissing him again. "I had a good time."

"Bye."

"Why do you stay with her?" I asked once she left.

He shrugged. "She's good in bed."

"Okay okay, too much information." I fake gagged.

"So you and Dean huh?"

"What about me and him?" I didn't really know what was going on between us. One minute we hate each other and the next we are fricking sucking the saliva from each other.

"Are you guys together?"

"I honestly don't know. I think it was just the alcohol that made us do the things we did."

"But you guys are probably the only people in the whole party that were even partly sober."

"I'm just really confused."

"He may seem like a complete dickhead but there is a reason for it. He wasn't always like he is."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm not sure it should be my story to tell." he said biting his lip

"Please tell me, it would clear things up." I begged.

"The day you had come to the school, it was obvious he seemed intrigued by you. Sit down, its story time.

"Dean had a girlfriend called Rose, they were the school's sweetheart. Now that I think about it, you look so much like her. I think maybe that is why he was so hostile to you, it was because you reminded him of Rose. Everyone thought that they were going to get married eventually.

"But one day when they were going out for a date, Dean was driving and the car brake had stopped working. He had no way to control it so he told Rose to jump out because they were going to crash.

"She started having a panic attack and fainted. He attempted to wake her up but she didn't. He tried picking her up so he could get her our the car but there wasn't enough time and they crashed into a tree. Rose had died in the crash and Dean broke his leg.

"He thought that karma or some shit must've been out to get him because he thought it wasn't fair that Rose had died when it was his fault that they had crashed."

"That's terrible." I whispered. I let one tear slip down my face but I quickly wiped it away.

"I know sweetheart, I know." he let me rest on his shoulder.

Suddenly we heard something break and Sawyer immediately ran towards the sound.

"Sorry about that man. I couldn't help but listen to how you interpreted my story." Dean sounded apologetic and venomous at the same time

Sawyer opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. He hung his head down and I felt so bad. After all, it was my fault because he had explained to me.

"I'm sorry, it's not his fault, if I hadn't asked then he wouldn't have told me." I said apologetically.

I visually saw Dean's eyes soften at me but quickly hardened when he turned back to Sawyer.