Chapter 4- smarty at the party

I actually looked like a ghost on Saturday morning.

The rest of the week had gone by in a flash and I was now just waiting for the girl Sawyer had decided to send to me was a 'saviour'. His words, not mine.

Now I know why he said it. I looked like absolute crap.

I turned on my phone to see that I got another message from Ken. I deleted without even hesitating. I also got a text from Sawyer saying that he had told Megan to come help me.

I sent him a quick thank you and realised that I really needed food.

Thank god we had a fridge full of food, my dad must actually care!

He wrote a note saying that he had gone to work which is a little more to my benefit.

I grabbed a pot of strawberry yoghurt and a spoon. I ate the pot within 3 minutes and dumped it in the trash can.

Suddenly the door rang and I wasn't even close to being able to face a person. I dragged my feet to the door and reluctantly opened the door.

"Hello-- um hello.. Haylie is it?" I could tell this little Asian girl was appalled by my appearance but she should be grateful I wasn't trying to ball her eyes out. I definitely wasn't a morning person.

"Yeah I'm Haylie. You must be Megan." I tried my best to be polite.

"Yes I am, nice to meet you."

"Come in then." I welcomed her in.

"You've got a nice house." she said looking around and seeing the still unpacked and dusty boxes.

"Yeah, I kind of just moved here and my dad nor I want to do the tiring job of unpacking."

"Oh okay." I have to admit, she is so cute. She was petite and looked like a manga character.

"Let me just go upstairs and change, make yourself comfortable." I said before running up the stairs.

I went back downstairs to spot her looking at my phone.

Remind me to put a lock on it.

"Um, what are you doing with my phone?" I said as polite as I could but I was a little more than annoyed.

"Oh sorry." she put it down and smiled at me.

"What were you doing with my phone." I repeated.

I could see her smile falter a little but she held it.

"I couldn't help but look at it, it was just there, also, I wanted to get to know you a little."

"So if I put a gun on the table, you would've shot yourself?" I snapped.

"Sorry."

"Yeah you should be, plus can't you get to know someone by talking to them and not trying to look at their phone?" She was making a really bad impression.

"I said I was sorry!"

"Whatever, just don't do it again." I said before snatching my phone off the table.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me anymore. Great, one more enemy for me.

We entered the worst shop in the world.

I'll give you some clues.

It's dark, it has stupid screens that show beaches and it has an intoxicating smell that literally burns my nostrils.

You should definitely have guessed the shop by now.

Yep, that's right, this Megan girl dragged me into Hollister.