Chapter 15- great date

"You had to talk back?" My dad said shaking his head.

"It was too good of an opportunity!" I tried to reason, "Plus I got her a warning so it's only a matter of time before she gets fired."

"How's that good?"

"She's having an affair with one of the teachers and she's married, surely it should be important to let her get punished."

"Fair enough." He shrugged.

The doorbell rung and I knew it was Alfie.

Dean go to the door before me and stuck his tongue out at me.

"Hi Haylie... and Dean." Alfie rushed into our house. "I need to talk to Haylie alone please."

Dean nodded his head and went up stairs.

"Sorry if it looks like I've been on Sawyer's side but trust me, I'm not. He's been doing bad things and I've been trying to change him but now I can see that it's impossible. He's been planning some things, very bad things. I've just come over here to warn you about him and Katie, don't go near them. Promise me, they're more dangerous than I thought. Promise me." He squeezed my arm tightly.

"You're scaring me. Alfie, explain what is going on." I was getting slightly nervous.

"I wish I could. But I can't, I'm sorry. Just promise me. Don't go near those two, avoid them at all costs. At school it may seem as though I don't care and that I'm with them, it's complicated, just remember, stay with Dean. He will protect you, I can't, Joey can't and your dad can't. Dean can."

"Alfie stop. What is going on?" I asked frantically.

"I have to go now. Sawyer will know something is up it I'm gone for too long." He turned to walked out the door but turned around last second. "Dean."

I was too shocked to follow him.

"So he's gone? What did he want?" Dean came up from behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"He-" I took a breath. "He warned me about Sawyer and Katie and that I have to stay with you."

"What does that mean?" Dean turned me around to face at him.

"I don't know. But it doesn't sound pretty."

"You are though. Don't worry, I will protect you."

"I know you will." And I believed it.

He kissed my forehead and I hugged him tightly.

"I just don't know how dangerous this is going to get. I also don't know why this is happening." I sighed.

"I'll be here." Dean replied.

"I'm going out again tonight," dad told me whilst checking himself out in the oven window.

"Can't you go upstairs and use an actual mirror?" I snorted.

"No, she's expecting me soon so I have to run out."

"Whatever, when am I going to meet her again?"

"You were supposed to meet her today but I don't think it's the right time yet, maybe once Dean settles in and we've gotten the house painted and liveable."

"Okay no problemo." I grinned.

"Haylie, I was wondering if you would go to Asda, the U.K. Walmart, and buy some groceries with me. Since your dad is allowing me to live here, I might as well do the things that must be done around the house." Dean walked into the kitchen where dad and I stood.