Chapter 8- light fight

The door bell rung and I was not ready at all.

Don't get wrong, I wasn't putting on makeup or stuff, I was doing homework.

Just because I'm going to see someone get beat up doesn't mean I shouldn't be doing my homework. It's still very important.

At the minute I was on my physics homework. I hated physics.

I was completely and utterly acing it but I hated it.

"Hurry up! We have to go or else the opponent would think that I was giving up and I never give up." Dean said banging on my door.

I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

"Let me get my jacket-"

"We don't have time! Just take my leather jacket at the back of the car." Dean grabbed my wrist and physically pulled me out the door.

"Bye dad! Have fun on your date." I called out whilst narrowly missing my door frame.

Luckily I had my phone and keys in my pocket. Like I always did.

"Here we are." Sawyer announced.

It was really cold and I grabbed Dean's jacket eagerly.

"You look bad ass." Dean smirked.

"Thanks?" I said trying to hide my blush.

"Let's go inside." Sawyer guided me.

The building was dark and I could literally smell blood.

It made my stomach flip.

"Are you feeling okay?" Sawyer asked me putting his hand in my back.

I let out a deep breath.

"Yeah. I think so."

"This is where I get ready and changed." Dean lead me to a room.

It was a small room, even smaller than my bedroom which, reminds me, I need to repaint it. There was a mirror and a chair. That was it.

"So... what's supposed to happen now?" I asked sitting on the only chair.

"Now we wait for someone to call us to go into the arena." Sawyer said pushing me off the chair to rest his own lazy butt on it.

"Ow?" I said getting up and rubbing my butt.

"Would it be okay if you guys went into the arena? I need time to focus." Dean said looking at the wall.

"No problem. Come on Hails." Sawyer took my arm. "He always wants to be alone before a fight. It's his way of getting ready."

"Oh." I said quietly.

We sat down on the front row while Sawyer greeted some other guys which eyes me up and down. It was so uncomfortable to say the least.

"What?" I snapped.

"You're so feisty." some Blondie said.

"That's not the first time I heard that." I muttered.

"Is she your new toy of the week?" another guy asked.

"No way!" Sawyer said looking appalled. "not that she's bad looking or anything 'cause you're pretty hot." he turned to me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Good. That means I can have her." Blondie 1 said.

"Don't even try. Dean's got his eyes on her. I don't think you want to mess with her if she's got Dean wrapped around her little finger. Plus, she's pretty kick ass as well." Sawyer smirked.