Chapter 14- sneaking some teaching

Dean was climbing down the vines until we heard someone shouting.

I froze and Dean jumped down.

I spun around to see some random guy running towards us.

Dean picked up his stuff and took my hand.

"Now we run." He said and we ran.

~~~~~~

"I've never ran that much in my life." I said flabbergasted.

"You're so unfit."

"I would hit you but I don't have the energy." I said between gasps of air.

He laughed at me.

"Dad, remember Dean?" I said once we got in.

"Yes that boy that stayed over night. I remember very clearly." he narrowed his eyes.

"Well," I began, "he doesn't have anywhere to stay so... I was thinking that maybe... he could stay here?" I said blinking my eyes at him.

"I don't--"

"Please daddy." I pouted.

He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows at me. I knew what that meant.

He was saying, you better not do anything funny with him or else I'll take my shotgun out.

"Thank you daddy!"

I hugged him tightly.

"But I don't want you two in the same room. You, Mr purity ring, will sleep on the couch."

"Thank you very much sir."

"Yeah yeah, I'll go get some blankets."

"Thank you Hails." Dean hugged me.

"No problem. Besides, I wouldn't want you to sleep on the streets like a hobo." I grinned.

"Okay here are your blankets. Make yourself comfortable, welcome to the family."

"Thank you." Dean said and went into the living room.

"Love you dad."

"I'm letting him stay for a deal."

"You're blackmailing me." I crossed my arms.

"Yes." straight forward much? "I need you to promise me that you'll be nice to Cindy. The girl I have been seeing for a while, please be nice when she comes over."

"When?"

"Tomorrow evening..."

"Fine but Dean will be here too." I said.

"That's okay."

"And I get to ask at least five direct questions." I tried to make a deal with my dad.

He has always hated for me to ask his girlfriend questions because I made the situation awkward and uncomfortable.

"At most five."

"At most ten." I challenged.

"Seven."

"Eight."

"Deal." Then we shook hands.

"Nice doing business with you governor."

Dean had already gotten the sofa bed ready for himself and he had the pillows and blankets all set up.

"You're organised." I laughed.

"I want to sleep comfortably." He said whilst patting the pillows down a little.