6 Diagon Alley and Train Station

Flora's POV.

The day after the fight I woke up excited. It was the first day of vacation! And I was going to Diagon Alley today. I took a shower to fix my messy hair. I brushed it and left it natural. That means: curly in the edges.

I walked down and ate a toast as fast as I could. Then I heard the doorbell, my excitement rising. I opened the door to see a giant man, I hugged him. "Well, hello there Flora." He said unsure of what to do. I chuckled and said "lets get going?" he nodded and we headed to the car. When we arrived to the bar we headed to the back. Hagrid was about to put the code to go to Diagon Alley when I stopped him "can I do it please?" I said raising my hand and giving my best puppy eyes. Hagrid laughed and instructed what should I do.

When I was done putting the code the wall moved aside and once more I entered the fantastic world of wizards. We divided up. My dad and mum went to buy me potions ingredients while me and Hagrid would buy vests and my pet. I said my goodbyes and followed Hagrid through the crowd. We passed the broom shop and I was fascinated about the broom kids had been looking at my last visit. The broom's name was Firebolt and it was the fastest broom in the world! I wanted one but it was pretty expensive. I have read about Quidditch and thought it was pretty amazing, I hoped next year I could enter the team.

When we were at the door of the shop where I would buy my vests he stopped and said he would wait outside. I entered the shop and a kind old women greeted me "well, hello darling. Here for Hogwarts vests I guess?" I nodded and smiled. She guided me to a large circle room where she started taking my measurements. She talked the whole way through. She talked about how Azkaban (I read it was the wizards prisons guarded by dark creatures that sucked happiness called Dementors) let a criminal scape. About how the Dementors did not see Sirious Black scape.

I realized she was very talkative and I had zoned off for a little bit so the kind women had to reaper herself when she asked me to take my shirt off. I did as she said and when she got to my shoulder she stopped taking. I guessed it was because of my scar. From there until she had ended taking the measurements she was really quiet, I only heard she mumbling somethings under her breath such as "scar, dear she is alive, does he know?" When we were done she handed me the vests I needed, I payed her but she insisted it was not necessary, in the end I convinced her to accept half of the money. I headed outside to meet Hagrid and had the most beautiful surprise until now.

Hagrid was holding a beautiful eagle-owl. The owl's wide eyes were a bright orange and her fur was a mix of black with dark brown and gray, with some white dots all over it. I had my jaw opened and hurried to hug Hagrid, then I got the owl. It seemed to like me and I announced "I am going to call her Ash" Hagrid smiled and we went to have ice-cream.

My parents said we would meet them there and while we waited I patted Ash and talked to Hagrid about what I have learned and read "I really liked reading about a boy who killed a wizard called Voldem..." Hagrid shushed me and explained "people here call him You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" I was confused, of course I read about it but it did not explain why "but why call Voldemort those names?" He flinched at the sound of that name but explained "people are afraid of him and you should be too, you know he..." He was cut short because I ran to show my new present to my parents who were arriving.

After we were done shopping we went back home. I tried to sleep but I was too excited! In about 2 months I will be going to Hogwarts!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[time-skip to September First]

Flora's POV.

Today was the day! Today was the day! Finally the day to go to Hogwarts! We were in the car heading to King Cross station to get the Hogwarts Express. I couldn't contain myself from the excitement, I was jumping up and down in the car and in the station also.

In this last months I had learned to control my powers.

Flashback

I was helping my mum cook lunch by cutting some vegetables when I got cut with the knife. I was not very big but it did start to bleed. My mum looked at me and saw my finger. She stopped what she was doing and went to hep me. I said "it is ok mum, look" I walked to the window where the sun was shining through and put my finger on the light. When the light touched it, the cut healed itself.

I looked at my mom smiling, she looked stunned. I laughed and hugged her.

End of flashback

I realized the car had stopped and my excitement rose. I took my trunk off the car and pushed it through the station. I stopped in front of platform 10 and 9. I checked my ticket, my dad and mum's hand in my shoulder. My ticket read Platform 9 and 3/4. Platform 9 and 3/4? Strange. I looked up and to my amazement saw kids running through the wall between platform 9 and 10. I smiled, I had found my way to platform 9 and 3/4. I looked back at my parents and my heart dropped. How am I supposed to not see them for 6 months? And they could not even get though to the train because they were what magical people call Muggle. I hugged them tight holding back tears. Then my dad said "we love you so much and we are very proud to have a witch in the family." Then I looked to my mum "right to us, always ok." She said her eyes glinting with tears that were about to come. I nodded and said "love you, mum dad." I got my cart and with a last look ran strait between platform 10 and 9.

I closed my eyes ready for the impact but it never came. I opened my eyes to see a beautiful scarlet train in front of me. I read the sign: Hogwarts Express Platform 9 and 3/4. I smiled Hogwarts here I come!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry for putting the Diagon Alley visit and the train first impression together but I wanted to talk about Diagon Alley and the chapter would stay way too short if I only talked about that. In the next one Flora will meet Harry, yay! Oh and it will be kind of long.