11 Hanging out With Third Grades (Not All Exactly Friendly)

[time skip to Monday]

Flora's POV.

Sadly today was Monday again and we had school. Happily my first class was Defense Against the Dark Arts with professor Lupin.

I was walking to his class with a smile in my face, it soon faded when I remembered we had that class with third years Slytherin, that means: classes with Alicia and Malfoy. I entered the class few seconds before class started and professor Lupin started explaining what we were going to do "well class, today  we are going to be talking about buggarts, does anyone knows the form of a buggart?"

Few people actually enjoyed this class so I was the only one who rose my hands. "Yes miss Chains!" He called, I answered his question "no one knows what a buggart actually looks like. It take the form of your greatest fear. There is a spell that can repel a buggart called 'Ridikulus' but the actual thing that defeats a buggart is laughter." I finished.

The Slytherins just rolled their eyes but the rest of the people in the class looked impressed. Professor Lupin smiled and said "very well. 10 points to Gryffindor! I need to watch my back if not someone will take my work from me!" He said looking at me, joking. I blushed a little but it soon faded. Class continued like that, me being the few that raised the hand. Missing 5 minutes to class end Lupin called "well class, how Miss Chains is the one who have been participating more she will have the honor to try to use the spell on a real boggart."

"That is only third year material but Miss Chains is able to do that, and is with great pleasure that I also announce to you, she will be the second year to take the third year classes!" I was shocked and I could hear murmurs through the classes, mostly complains from the Slytherins. I heard a few of them, including: she just started school! It is not fair! That filthy know it all mudblood.

But the complains soon faded when the teacher said "Miss Chains would please step to the front?" He had brought an old looking closet in the front. I stood up and walked till I was standing in the front of the closet, there was something index that was craving to get free. I raise my wand as soon as the doors opened and what I saw there took me by surprise.

I took a minute to understand what I was seeing. Right in front of me there was a boy with a leather jacket, one year younger than me, with short black hair, barely no hair at all. Then I understood who he was, the boy started getting closer to me and my eyes widened "Icarus?" I whispered. It could not be him, yet it still was. It actually made sense, my worst fear is Icarus.

I raised my wand and said the spell "Ridikulus!" And suddenly Icarus's clothes changed for Margaret's clothes and the class bursted out laughing, me included. The boggart returned to the closet and Professor Lupin said "well done Flora! Well done! Now you should get going. Class dismissed, Flora try to find your third year friends will you? You have the same schedule as them for the rest of the week." I nodded and smiled while I went away from the class.

I found Harry, Ron and Hermione and said "guess what? I got to have classes with you guys for the rest of the week! Now what do we have now?" They smiled at me and Harry said "congrats Flora! Come with us, we have Care of Magical Creature with Hagrid."

I followed them to the edge of school property, where Hagrid's hut was and we waited there for the others students to arrive. When ?Hagrid saw me he smiled, "hey Flora! See you got classes with me?" I nodded as soon as the others students came. Soon enough I figured this class was also with Slytherin. I sighted and followed the trio into a clear part of the forest. This part of the forest was like nothing I have ever seen. Not that I have seen a lot but anyways, the clearing gave a wonderful view of what was ahead of us and the tree tops let the sunlight pass making beautiful patters on the green, grassy floor. It was so peaceful and I felt so powerful!