8 Sorting Ceremony

This chapter is only about the sorting and the first day of school so it will not be as long as last chapter I think!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flora's POV.

I will admit nothing that I read was compared at what I was looking now. We had just entered the castle and I got separated from Harry, Ron and Hermione. I was waiting in line with the first years that are going to get sorted into different houses. Ron said that my attitude towards Malfoy had earned me a spot on Gryffindor but I was not sure.

The doors to the Great Hall opened and what my eyes saw took a minute to be processed by my brain. There were four tables, one for each house, and the ceiling represented the nighty sky outside. I sadly knew it was fake because I read it in Hogwarts: a History. I patiently waited in line until my name was called, my last name started with C so I was one of the first ones. I was so excited!

"Chains, Flora" a woman by the name of Professor McGonagall said. I stood up and walked to the Sorting Hat my heart beating faster with every step. The hat was on my head now and it started talking "interesting, interesting." He said, and I sadly knew the whole school could hear him "you're the second one in my life I had the same problem. You would do perfect in two rivalry houses! Gryffindor and Slytherin. Well I will do the same as I did with the boy, let you choose." I closes my eyes and begged "not Slytherin not Slytherin." Then the hat talked again in the silence of the Hall "not Slytherin? That is what the boy said! Well then I warned you...GRYFFINDOR!"

The table to the left cheered and I let out a breath I did not know I was holding, and went to join the trio. They congratulated me and then two identical redheaded startled me. I jumped 2 feet in the air and they laughed "well, we heard you can heal yourself in the sun." One of them started "and that you can create small suns and that you frightened Malfoy to death." The other one finished. "So... How do you do it? And want to be our friend?" They finished together. I was stunned, they sat in my side and then Ron explained "these are my brothers: Fred and George. Just a warning they love pranking people." I smirked, I loved pranking people! I extended my hand to the hilarious twins and said "hello Fred, George. To answer you question: I have no idea and we will have a lot of fun joking them around!"

The twins smirked and said "I think we are going to be good friends Flora." Then they went away. Dumbledore gave what Ron explained as his annual speech and then said "well, let the feast begin!" And suddenly all the empty plates on all the tables filled itself with food.

I will admit I wasn't very ladylike at that moment. I stuffed as much food it could feet in the plate and devoured it. When I was done I started staring at the ceiling. Then Hermione said "you know it is not real, it is..." I interrupted her getting out of my trance "enchanted to look like the sky outside. I read it in Hogwarts: a History" I looked at her and laughed at her startled face. "You read that book?" She asked excitedly. I smiled and nodded "of course!my parents are Muggles how I am suppose to know anything about Hogwarts, or the magical world?" She just nodded and we started talking about books we have read. The boys just rolled their eyes.

In the end of the feast the prefects called us to our dormitories. We arrived in front of a portrait of a fat lady called, guess what? The Fat Lady. The lady talked and moved and when our prefect said the password the portrait opened revealing a room. The Gryffindor common room. The prefects explained to us the girls room was on the right and the boys on the left. I stared at the common room in awe for a few moments before 'Mione called me to go to my room.

Happily I shared my room with Hermione and another girl I did not knew. She had long red hair just as Ron's and when Hermione saw her she ran up to give her a hug shouting "Ginny!" Then she presented me to the girl "well it look like we are going to share the same room! Ginny this is Flora Chains, Flora this is Ginny Weasley. She is Ron's, Fred and George's younger sister." She smiled at me and I returned it "looks like you already met my brothers what you think about them?" She asked, I kindly answered "they are pretty funny, the prefect also have red hair, is he your brother?" Ginny nodded "yeah, that's Percy, he is the only one without a sense of humor in the family!"

We laughed and then started talking about our lives. I learned Hermione parents were also Muggles and both were dentists. Ginny's parents both were wizards and her father worked in the Ministry of Magic. Then we went to sleep.

I laid down in the soft and warm blankets thinking about the wonderful friends and adventures I had today. I had learned Professor Lupin was the knew teacher of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Ron told me all the others teachers of the last two years went away. I met the famous Harry Potter and learned he wasn't like all the others famous people I heard about on TV, he was kind and innocent. I had gotten in the house I wanted and made 5 new friends and that was just in one day! I had also been attacked by a Dementor but I did not want to remember that.

I drifted off to an uneasy sleep and had the dream:

I was in the room, there was a crib and two babies. The babies were being held by a woman with auburn long hair. Then suddenly I hear a men screaming and  some light from downstairs, the women put both babies in the crib and say in a hushed voice "I love both of you, Harry always protect your sister you hear me?" Then a hooded figure came from the stairs and said, in a icy piercing voice "give me the children and I will let you live." The woman got in front of the babies and shouted "no never! Take me instead only leave the children!" then the merciless hooded figure raised it bone looking wand and said something. A flash of green light erupted from his wand and hit the woman, her body fell lifeless to the floor.

Then he headed to the babies, the boy Harry hugged his sister letting only her back exposed to the hooded figure. He raised his wand and said in a snake hissing voice the word that haunted my dreams since I remember "Avada Kedrava" and a flash of green light blinded my vision.

I slowly opened my eyes just to see, there standing right in front of me was a man that looked like a rat. He had a dagger in his hand and stared right through me.

I bolted up straight my scar hurting like crazy. I looked down to see a rat on my sheets. I do the first thing I can think of, I scream. I possibly woke up all the Gryffindors and Hermione was rushing to me, "what happened?" She said still sleepy. "I-I had a dream, and then I woke up with a rat on my sheets." She looked at the rat and I realized it was Scrabbers. She was suddenly awake and grabbed Scrabbers furiously running down stairs, me and Ginny hot on her heel.

"RONALD WEALEY!!!!" She shouted. Everyone was down stairs trying to figure out who screamed. I blushed slightly but followed Hermione to where Harry and Ron were standing. "WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE YOU THINKING OF LETTING THIS THING FREE?" 'Mione shouted again inches from the face of a stunned Ron. "I- I don't know Hermione, where was he?" Ron stammered "well." She said calming down but fury still visible in her eyes "he was over Flora here, almost giving her and me a heart attack!"

Ron grabbed his rat and apologized. I went up stairs to get ready for my first day, I sighted. Such a way to start my first day of school.