Restless

Papyrus POV

  I waited on the couch for Mettaton to arrive home. He was out with a couple of friends to go shopping so I just stayed home and watched a movie. I kept looking at the clock to see how much longer it would be, but my heart sank when I realized that he was already an hour late. Mettaton was never late and if he would be then he would have at least told me.
  Two hours later I was still sitting alone on the couch waiting for him to get home. I tried calling him, but it went straight to voicemail. I debated if I should call the police or not.
  Just as I was about to reach for the phone, Mettaton slowly opened the door and trotted in.
  "Mettaton! I was so worried I'm so glad you're back!" I cried, nearly breaking into tears as I wrapped my arms around him.
  "Papyrus, we need to talk," he said in a cold voice, making me look up at him in worry.
  "Oh...what is it?" I asked in a low voice.
  Mettaton pushed me away from my embrace and crossed his arms, looking away. He refused to make eye contact with me.
  "Mettaton...is everything alright?" I asked.
  "I'm breaking up with you," he said in a low tone, still refusing to make eye contact with me.
  "W-what?"
  "I'm breaking up with you," he repeated.
  "If...if this is a joke it isn't funny...."
  "It's not a joke. I'm leaving you,"
  My heart sank. I dropped to my knees and began to sob.
  "B...b..but Mettaton...I love you.." I whispered.
  "Well I don't love you...I can do better.."
  "Look at me, damn it! If you're going to break up with me then look at me in the eyes!" I sobbed.
  He didn't say a thing. He continued to look away from me.
  "I need to go,"
  He then left. He left me there alone. I sobbed on the floor as I cried his name. I cried and cried but he didn't come back. I was left alone in the empty house that we use to share together.
  I woke up sobbing. Mettaton quickly turned on the lamp and wrapped his arms around me.
  "Papyrus! Darling what's wrong?" He said looking straight into my eyes.
  I couldn't believe it. It was all just a dream. Mettaton was still laying it bed right next to me.
  "I...I had a horrible dream...you broke up with me.." I sobbed.
  Mettaton held me tighter.
  "It was just a nightmare. It's all over now," he whispered in a soothing voices.
  "But what if I lose you?"
  "You won't lose me. I love you way too much to leave you..." He whispered as he gave me a kiss.
  Mettaton got up to grab me a tissue. Once I was done crying we cuddled and fell back asleep. This time I dreamt about how in love I was with him.