Forgetting You

Aubrey

When we made it back to my house I went right to Ryder. I went to give him a hug and he just walked away from me. Why would he do that to me? Hayden walked up beside me and embraced me in a hug. I felt something running down my cheek. When did I start crying? I looked up at Hayden and he smiled down at me. Then he wiped some more tears from my face.

"Hey sweetheart, it is ok you don't need to cry." Hayden said still holding on to my waist.

I couldn't response to him because I couldn't take my eyes off of Ryder standing there in my backyard look at us. He looked better now that he was almost healed. Something was off about him and I wanted to know because I miss being in his arms.

"Can I talk to Ryder?" I said looking up at Hayden. He looked down at me and I saw his eyes showing sadness. He knew something I didn't and it involved Ryder.

"Hayden you know what's wrong with Ryder don't you?" I said looking back out to Ryder who was looking at the woods.

"Yes, but I can't tell you Aubrey because it isn't my story to tell." Hayden said giving me a glance that said I'm sorry.

"I'm going to talk to him." I said while Hayden was telling me it wasn't a good idea. I kept walked ignoring Hayden.

When I reached Ryder I stood there for a moment. Then I grabbed his arm and whipped him towards me so he was facing me.

His look in his eyes told me a story of pain. I just wanted to hug him and not let him go. Now or never I thought.

"Why did you slap me?" I said hoping for a reason of why he would want to hurt his mate.

"I don't remember slapping you." He said looking at me with the most truthful eyes.

"Ryder, you slapped me back in the bunker and I was knocked out." I said watching him as I said every word not even seeing him show emotion in his eye.

"I don't remember doing that." He said again.

"Why would you hurt me I am your mate!?" I said letting my anger show through.

"First of all you aren't my mate, you are Hayden's." He said pointing towards Hayden.

"I am your mate too!" I said pointing to my heart.

"No you are only allowed one mate. I can't be yours too." He said seeming so calm while my blood was boiling.

"Well I have two mates and your one of them, Ryder!" I said watching his face to see any expression that would show me if he understands.

"Well I'm sorry but I'm not your mate. But I will say your mate is a lucky man because you are beautiful." He said looking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up when he said beautiful.

"You know what the problem is though." I said still angry with him.

"What is the problem?" He said looking at me with an expression less face.

"The problem is that you are my mate and I agreed to be yours and yours only." I said looking at him wanted to cry remembering the day he ask me to be his mate.

"Well I'm sorry but I don't remember every asking you." He said as he started to walk away. Then he turned around and said.....

"Actually, I don't even know who you are." He said looking me in the eyes and then started walking away again.

I felt the tears start to slip down my face. I replayed those words he said to me over and over again in my head.

Actually, I don't even know who you are.

I don't even know who you are.

He doesn't remember me.