Dead or Alive

Aubrey's POV

I awoke with array of sounds and lights surrounding me. I began to try to sit up but was restricted by chains around my wrist and feet. That's when my thoughts came rushing back to me. The mill, Ryder, Hayden, Ella, and my birthday.

"I'm glad you are awake." A voice said in the dark.

"What is today?" I said hoping today wasn't what I thought it was.

"Happy Birthday." The voice said confirming my worse thought.

Ella was going to kill me today. She was going to be powerful, after she kills me.

"Who are you?" I said to the voice of the person in the dark.

The person didn't answer instead they showed me who they were. It was Ella. She looked unharmed and completely perfect, like nothing could hurt her. After all though, she is a hunter and hunters stay beautiful no matter what.

"How was your last sleep?" Ella said really drawing out the word last.

"Pretty good. I guess." I said trying to hold back my attitude.

"Good because I wouldn't want you to haunt me after your dead." She said really pushing the fact that she had caught me and today was possibly the last day of my life.

"Yeah. Good call."

"Well it is time for you to go towards the room that is set up for the Full Moon Killing." Ella said untying my hands and then retying them.

"Why are you doing this?" I said as Ella helped me stand upright.

"None of your business." She said in a snarky attitude as she rushed me towards the room.

"I think it is my business." I said back.

"Do you think so?" She said opening a door and pushing me in.

"Yes, I do."

She pulled out a knife and held it to my throat.

"Remember who has the power here." She said ripping the knife away and pushing me towards a wall.

"I just want to know what would make you want to kill me." I said will a anxious sound to my voice.

"I will tell you later." She said hold handcuffs out that were attach to the wall.

"Not funny." I said as I let her hook them on my wrist.

"I thought it was." Ella said smiling before turning towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I said looking towards my wrist and towards Ella.

"To get Ryder and Hayden." She said walking out and slamming the door.

I had no idea when or how my death would be coming. I just had to stay with my choice so Ryder and Hayden will live. My father told me that the most ultimate sacrifice is love and that's what I am doing. I'm sacrifice myself for the two people I love.

"Here you go boys." She said bring in Ryder and Hayden.

Ryder was walking upright with dry blood under his nose, while Hayden was limping and holding onto his brother for support. She put Hayden and Ryder in chairs that sat 6ft away from me. She then tied them to the chairs before walking away and leave with the door slamming hard.

"Aubrey." Hayden's voice said.

"Hayden, I'm sorry but I have to do this." I said glancing at him before glancing at Ryder.

"No you don't!" Ryder voiced boomed out.

"Yes, I do. Your lives depend on it." I said giving both a stern look.

"Well what if I need you in my life?"Ryder said looking at me with a pained expression riding his face.

"I'm sorry but I can't let you two died." I said trying to hold my voice strong so it won't crack.

"Dam you, Aubrey!" Ryder said looking at me.

"You don't get it do you? I need you. He needs you." Ryder said pointing towards a half unconscious Hayden.

"Ok enough of this sappy shit." Ella said walking in and looking at me.

"It's time isn't it?" I said hearing my heartbeat become louder.

"Yes." Ella said with a big smile on her face.

"Ok, go ahead."

Ella looked at me before holding the gun up so that it was pointed right at my heart. I closed my eyes so all I could hear was the thumping of my heart. Bum! Bum! Bum! Is all I heard as the gun went off. I heard a scream which I think came from me. But I was wrong because seconds later I opened my eyes to find Ella, bleeding out on the floor. I looked to find Ryder holding a gun. How did he get that? Then I looked back down towards Ella. She no longer looked perfect or unharmed, she looked harmed but she still had a looked as if she was still alive

"Aubrey!"

"Aubrey!"

"Aubrey!" Ryder yelled trying to snap me back out of my trance.

I looked at him and then to Hayden who was still slipping in and out of consciousness. I try to get out of the hand cuffs but it didn't work. Then all a sudden my body filled with a warm sensation as the fire metaled the handcuffs off. I was shocked but decided to worry about it later as I made my way towards Hayden. When I got to him he was cold and sweating. I found the wound that Ella had made on him the other day. I put my hand to his wound to save him. I felt the wound heal and I started to notice Hayden started to open his eyes.

"Can I sleep?" He said smiling at me.

"Yes." I said kissing him on the cheek as he closed his eyes to fall asleep.

"Aubrey." Ryder said turning me around so that I was facing him.

Right as I faced him, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me tight.

I hugged him back and at that moment I felt safe. I felt like Ryder was my choice, my hope, my safe haven. That moment was a moment to short though. The sound of a gun went off. I pulled away from Ryder to check my body and I was ok but Ryder just stared at me scared or shocked. Ryder looked down towards his hip then back at me. Ryder had been shot in the left side above his hip. He then fell down as he was trying to breath. I looked to find who had shot him when my eyes landed on the spot where Ella had laid almost dead half a couple of minutes ago. She was missing and now standing with her knife pressed against Hayden's neck.

"Aubrey, Aubrey, Aubrey. You can only safe one." Ella said giving me a sickly grin.

I was beyond mad. I was furious I felt my heart beating with adrenaline. Then I felt something else speeding through my veins. My whole body began to heat up as the warmth made it to my finger tips. Then as quick as a flash, I shot Ella with fire. She fell down on the ground burning and screaming in agony. As the fire died down, I reached down and checked to see if she was dead. She was dead there was no beat. When I looked at Hayden I noticed his expression of his brother. Ryder! I ran towards Ryder. I tried to heal him but it wasn't working just like when I tried to heal Nate. Then it hit me. Ella shot him with the bullet that Nate father used, that killed Nate. I screamed and sobbed as I put pressure on Ryder's wound.

"Please don't died." I cried out as I kissed him on the lips. The kiss confirmed my worst thoughts and that was that he was already starting to turn cold.

--------------------------------------------

Please vote or comment!

Hope, you guys liked it!

Thanks, for all of you that read my book it means a lot.

kstahl18