My Kryptonite

Ryder's eyes were open. He was looking carefully around the room before his eyes landed on me. He smiled at me and reached over to grab my hand.

I just stood there frozen. His hand was warm to the touch. He no longer felt cold. He was alive. He wasn't dead.
I had saved him by marking him.

"Congrats sir on coming back to life." One of the pack doctors said before walking out of the room.

As the pack doctors left a nurse checked his vitals. She said that he was healthy and very alive. I just shook my head as she told me that he was ok. She told me to keep a good eye on him before she walked out the door. Then that left Hayden, Ryder, and I.

To be honest, I don't know where Hayden and I stand now. I mean, I marked his brother even though I'm engaged to Hayden.

"Aubrey, we need to talk." Hayden said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I was unsure if I wanted to talk. But I looked at Ryder, who shook his head yes before letting go of my hand. I walk towards Hayden as he open Ryder's
room door for us to walk out.

"Aubrey..."Hayden said before I stopped him.

"Hayden, please can we go somewhere more private?" I said hoping to point out that we were in a hall, in a pack hospital full of werewolves, who have super hearing.

"Sure" He said before grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards a room.

Once we were both in, he shut the door and looked at me. To say I was nervous was a understatement.

"So...what do we need to talk about?" I said in a nervous tone.

"Us." Hayden said looking at me before looking back down at his hands.

"What about us?"

"It's...not-going-to-work." He said in a rushed voice.

"What?!" I said confused and more nervous then before.

"Us. It isn't going to work." Hayden said point to himself and then me.

"Why?!" I said shocked and upset.

"Because you marked him." Hayden said sitting down on the hospital bed.

"You shook your head telling me it was ok!" I yelled letting my anger take hold.

"Aubrey." He said looking at me as if tell me to calm down.

"Don't even Aubrey, me. Hayden, what is this actually about?!Huh?!" I said pointing my finger at Hayden.

"Nothing." He said looking at me.

"Don't lie! Tell me!"

"You fucking kissed him! And not to mention still love him!" Hayden yelled as he stood up and towered over me.

I watched as his eyes changed letting me know that he was almost going to lose control. I reached up and touched his cheek. And he relaxed into my touch before moving away from me.

"Wait...how did you know?"

"I heard you tell him right before you were going to mark him."

"I'm sorry." I said looking at him with so much regret.

"I love you, Aubrey. Do you love me?" He said looking at me questionably.

"I...I...I'm sorry." I said realizing that I was just forcing myself to love somebody that I didn't.

Hayden looked at me before walking towards me. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer before giving me a kiss. The kiss was full of urgency and hope. But the kiss was ended when Hayden pulled away. He walked towards the door before turning to look at me.

"Good luck with Ryder. I wish you the best of luck." He said before walking out of the room leaving me standing there.

I stood there as the tears streamed down my face. I had lost a great person. But Hayden wouldn't want me to be upset. He would want me to be happy. So I was going to be happy just with Ryder.

After I had finished crying, I walked back towards Ryder's room. When I walked in Ryder was sleeping so I decided to join him. I sat down on the bed next to him before resting my head gently on his chest. I took in his features. He was no longer pale and sick looking. He had some scars but it didn't bother me because it just showed me that he went through a lot. I started to remember everything that we had went through. I really loved him. If I was superman he would be my kryptonite. One day, just one day, Ryder would be the death of me.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Ryder said while stroking my hair.

"I'm thinking about how much I love you." I said moving my head so I could see him.

"I love you too, Aubrey." Ryder said kissing my head. As he said that, I knew that this boy would be the death of me.

As I slowly fell asleep, with my head on Ryder's chest I wondered if Lois Lane was Superman's kryptonite.