Interview with @fatpigeon

@fatpigeon is the author of 'The Kaelestians - Quest for the Gift' and is also an active participant in the 'Critters' Workshop', which is a thread dedicated to serious writers looking to improve their writing styles. The link to this thread is provided in the external link.

Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. They call me Fat Pigeon but my friends call me FP, and my best friends call me P.

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. Prose, about 4 and a bit years. I was a songwriter b4 that.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. Dumping ideas onto a page and trying to unravel them.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. It's embarrassing when a professional or someone who knows about writing spots a glaring error in my work.

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. Red. No colour reference but I always include a reference to pigeons or birds in my stories. It's a secret signature.

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. Dunno. I forget.

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. Had an agent interested in my writing and one particular novel (not on WP). Am honing it but 'soon' is not a word those in the publishing world use much. If a writer signs a publishing deal it will take at least two years for a novel to be published as a book.

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. There are a few contenders, but I'm not saying yet. :)

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I provide in depth critiques/editing for the Critters' Workshop, alongside other talented writers, and free advice. I do this on other writing sites for writers around the globe.

I advise my supporters and random writers when I have time, but the best way to help more people is on the IYW forum (once you get past the silly games). List of CW topics and writing tips: http://www.wattpad.com/forums/discussion/comment/16772380/#Comment_16772380

(you can find the thread mentioned above by clicking the external link!)

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

A. Try not to idolize, but admire JK, Pratchett, Laurence Stern, GBS, Alex Wheatle, Philip Pullman, to name a few.

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. Pacing. Getting chapters in the right order knowing when and where to reveal or kill off a character. I'm rubbish at it, so still a newbie there.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. There's an old tramp who lives in my town. I could write a thousand stories about him.

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. Borak. He is incredibly humble, yet hides an awesome power that can destroy evil. I admire powerful people who have humility. There aren't many.

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. I like unusual romances. (So does the publishing literati, actually).

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. Always been a daydreamer. It comes quicker than I can write it down. Dreams help too.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. Big Bang/Have I got news for you (UK)

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. Not too worried about them. Just here to help, where I can.

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. Books.

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. Don't judge people by your own standards.

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. Read. Read. REad.REAd. READ!!!!!!!! Especially the genre you are writing, by many different authors. Cheers.

________________________________

I hope you liked thsi interview !