Interview with @me2you804

@me2you804 is the author of 'The Devil's Assistant' which was a Watty Awards 2011 finalist! She also helps new writers promote their stories on her profile page. Her book 'Free Book Promotions' is solely dedicated to promoting stories for free! You can check out this book and post your summaries there by clicking on the external link !

Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________

1. What do they call you?

A. My name is Katherine Pocock but on wattpad I am better known as me2you804.

2. For how long have you been writing?

A. I've always loved reading and writing but it was only when I joined wattpad in 2009 that I really took up writing. And now I can't imagine doing anything else with my spare time.

3. Which part of writing a story, do you enjoy the most? (Creating characters, the plot and the subplots, the beginning/ending or the middle)

A. The bit I love most about writing is bringing the strange worlds and creatures from my head and putting them into words. It still amazes me that people actually like the craziness I come up with.

4. Have you faced any embarrassing moments, in terms of writing?

A. Yes, definitely. When I first started writing on wattpad I was in my first year of university. I hadn't told anyone about my new career in writing. anyway... I had foolishly decided to made a poor attempt at writing a um 'love scene'. Yes I actually went there. Some of the guys in the house next door got a hold of it and decided to recite parts to me while cackling loudly. They continued to tease me about it for weeks afterwards. I don't think I have ever gone so red in the face!

5. Which is your favorite color? Have you made any reference to it in your story/stories?

A. Blue is my favourite colour. And yes I do use it but not its not plastered on every page.

6. Out of the stories you have written on Wattpad, which is the most memorable one?

A. For me, the most memorable one is The Devil's Assistant. I'm sure some people will disagree and vote Truth or Dare but, for me, DA was the one where I really fell in love with the book and its characters. The fact that I get to play around with the common perceptions of heaven, hell, angels and demons makes it even better. God wears a Stetson - did you know? :)

7. Are you planning on publishing soon?

A. I would love to publish soon. Unfortunately I really dislike editing which has been my biggest downfall so far. While I would love to be traditionally published, it is my new year's resolution to edit The Devil's Assistant and self publish it.

8. Which is your favorite book/series on Wattpad?

A. There are many that I love. The last book I read on wattpad that I really enjoyed reading was Frozen by ELatimer. It's amazing - you should definitely read it if you haven't already.

9. What kind of help do you provide - critiques, free advice or editing?

A. I am still learning as a writer myself so I find it difficult to offer advice or editing services when I am still not a great writer myself. Its why I offer free promotions - now that is something I can do!

10. Which author do you idolize (off Wattpad)?

A. Off wattpad. Hmm, that's difficult. J K Rowling is huge inspiration. Her books were my childhood but I find love her for the way that she pushed past all of the rejections she received to become a successful author whose works will definitely not be forgotten any time soon.

11. If you were a newbie, which part of the story would you focus on most?

A. For me, its the characters. If the characters aren't there - I find that the rest of the book doesn't flow. Most of my books start with a character and then the storyline just .... follows.

12. Which is your favorite character (off Wattpad) ?

A. I love Yelena Zaltana in Maria V Snyder's Chronicles of Ixia series. She was kidnapped, beaten down and yet she had an inner strength that saw her through all of her hardships. She had amazing powers too.

13. If you were given a choice to become one character (of your story posted on Wattpad) which one would you be and why?

A. Savannah from Devil's Assistant. I'm not too sure I'd be good at the whole being a mother thing, my nieces wear me out! But having an angel sword and being destined to belong to the totally gorgeous man sounds like a great perk.

14. Do you prefer dark romance or the usual?

A. Depends on my mood. I read crime books, romance. At the moment I have been reading the Dark Series by Christine Feehan which is definitely dark romance.

15. Where do you look for your inspiration?

A. Anywhere - everywhere. I don't know really. It can be from a dream, something I watch on TV or something I see out in the world around me. If you open your eyes, there are a million things just waiting to inspire your next novel - you just have to look for them.

16. What’s your favorite TV show?

A. At the moment I am loving Homeland and Sherlock. Can't get enough of them. Still on Season 2 on homeland so no spoilers please!!

17. Do you prefer more reads, votes or comments?

A. Reads and votes are all good and I appreciate every single one of them but the comments are the biggest help. I have saved quite a few of them so on those days when I am feeling down about my writing and they perk me up again. And even the negative comments can help too. Sometimes you need that one person who will point out how you can improve and become a better writer.

18. Imagine the world is collapsing around you, what would you choose to save – technology or books?

A. I don't know. I love books but without technology there would not be wattpad. I suppose if you have technology you can still have books - that's what e-readers are for! I could not live a life without reading so as long as I can do that then I will be happy. .

19. What is the best advice you have given and received?

A. Write, write and then write some more. Only with practice can you improve and become a better writer. You may not be naturally good at something but with perseverance you can achieve just as much as anyone else.

20. Any extra tips for our young writers?

A. Read - a lot. Write - even more. And most important of all, don't give up. You may get a bad review or you may not get many reads to begin with but if you love it - don't give it up. You will only regret it later in life. Most writers have that moment of doubt but it you keep going you could be the next J K Rowling or George Martin or maybe even the next E L James if that is your thing. Success will only come with trying.

_____________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview !